Will the Yeti be ready for his big 5th Birthday Bash?

Rich1

I think that if fixing the yeti requires closing EE for a long period of time then it shouldn't be a priority right now. I don't think it really is effecting the guest experience right now enough to change it. Where closing it a year would. I know that it will get fixed eventually but is not going to happen until there are a few more attractions in AK. That would be the most win-win for everyone. In regards to universal using it as an advertising tactic, I wouldn't put it past them bc they don't have class or tact. I respect Disney a ton for not resorting to universals tactics of attacking the competition.

EpcotFanForever

I think that if fixing the yeti requires closing EE for a long period of time then it shouldn't be a priority right now. I don't think it really is effecting the guest experience right now enough to change it. Where closing it a year would. I know that it will get fixed eventually but is not going to happen until there are a few more attractions in AK. That would be the most win-win for everyone. In regards to universal using it as an advertising tactic, I wouldn't put it past them bc they don't have class or tact. I respect Disney a ton for not resorting to universals tactics of attacking the competition.

Some tooth whitening would be a good idea too.

GenerationX

... This next step for this park is a New Fantasyland level expansion on the Camp Minnie Mickey land. This budget will include moving the Festival of the Lion King to Africa.

Once this happens they'll have the flexibility to do several other things like add a nighttime show, close Everest to fix the Yeti, replace Dinorama with something more fitting and other things that haven't been widely discussed yet.
This makes sense. The park is too reliant on E:E to close it for any length of time until another major thrill ride has been added.

bstiles

Again, there are ways they can refurb Expedition Everest, but their refusal is due to obvious negligence around the park. A series of band-aid solutions has finally caught up to them.

The park opened with two attractions (Dinosaur and Kali) and two modes of transportation (Discovery River Boats and Wildlife Express Train). They quickly opened Asia a year later with a shortened version of what was meant to be a longer Rapids ride, as well as a strong walk through. The theming for the Anandapur expansion was done very well, Kali just needed to be longer.

At this point also, it was realized that the original intent of the Discovery River Boats was meant to be more than a mode of transportation. Rather than improve the attraction with an actual budget, they closed the attraction. Then the issues of capacity came out and the band aid solution of Dinorama came to be.

Expedition Everest was a major step in the right direction, and continued the theming that the park should be known for, but because it has been the only substantial addition to an under built park's 12 year existence, they have to rely on it so much.

In short, I love this park - but there isn't enough there for most people. I can spend 3 hours just on the live animal based attractions, but I know I'm in the minority there.

This next step for this park is a New Fantasyland level expansion on the Camp Minnie Mickey land. This budget will include moving the Festival of the Lion King to Africa.

Once this happens they'll have the flexibility to do several other things like add a nighttime show, close Everest to fix the Yeti, replace Dinorama with something more fitting and other things that haven't been widely discussed yet.

How do u know animal kingdom is next? Not a personal attack just a question.

raiden

I love AK but my family and I refuse to go there again until something is done with this beautiful park. Fix the yeti and give us back the awesome effects in Dinosaur. Then on to some new attractions. Until then only the other 3 parks and water parks for us =(

Btw no more park hopping options when we purchase tickets either now that we will only be going to 3 parks

menamechris

I don't know if anything will be coming to Animal Kingdom for a long time in terms of improvement. My impression has been whatever budget they do have probably goes to feeding the animals everyday. Honestly, it's probably the least busy park, but it is the biggest, and it has to have the highest operating costs. I honestly don't know how they are doing it...

The only way they could fix this would be to add some serious attractions of the EE caliber, but where will they get the money from? It's not like they can not feed the animals on Tuesdays and Fridays to save money. It seems like a vicious cycle....

RSoxNo1

I don't know if anything will be coming to Animal Kingdom for a long time in terms of improvement. My impression has been whatever budget they do have probably goes to feeding the animals everyday. Honestly, it's probably the least busy park, but it is the biggest, and it has to have the highest operating costs. I honestly don't know how they are doing it...

The only way they could fix this would be to add some serious attractions of the EE caliber, but where will they get the money from? It's not like they can not feed the animals on Tuesdays and Fridays to save money. It seems like a vicious cycle....

I don't know for sure, but I can guess that the Animal Kingdom is expensive to operate. However, every park has an operating budget - the Animal Kingdom's budget is just used differently than the other park's.

As for an investment in new additions - one thought is that the Wild Africa Trek could help fuel future development in that park. With that in mind, I'm curious as to the walking path of the Wild Africa Trek. Does this walking path extend out into Harambe to the point where it would prohibit them from moving Festival of the Lion King?

^They could do the logical thing and invest more money into the park.

Don't be ridiculous.

menamechris

As for an investment in new additions - one thought is that the Wild Africa Trek could help fuel future development in that park. With that in mind, I'm curious as to the walking path of the Wild Africa Trek. Does this walking path extend out into Harambe to the point where it would prohibit them from moving Festival of the Lion King

That's a very good point. I took that tour the first week, and it was fun, but maybe not $200 worth of fun. We only went because it was the introductory price. The tour guide said that they were booked up, and even had to cancel one day because of bad weather, and had no place to reschedule those people. I just hope that momentum will continue once the price goes up.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom