Will the "REAL" Wiggles & Doodlebops be at MGM?

KevinPage

Original Poster
In August & September, MGM is having live concers in the park.

The WDW website sure gives the impression that this is the original performers. It doesn't say that specifically, but if you say Wiggles Concert, people are just going to assume, correct?

Anyways, I'm sure the park is going to be mobbed those days. Love the Wiggles, despise the Doodlebops.

Now all we need is the REAL Daniel Cook to appear and I'd be happier than a pig in slop.

:D :D :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If it is a special concert series, I would imagine that it would be the orriginal characters. I cant see them getting away with stand in wiggles. The Doodlebops on the other hand could drop off the face of the earth and it would not bother me one bit.

tripplanner

I can't imagine it not being the real Wiggles either. But I will admit that I did not even think they would bring stand ins. The Wiggles to travel to give concerts, I am sure it is the same.

My big question is WHAT TIME are they playing. Every time I call to ask I am told that they don't have that information yet. They are playing on our last day at WDW and I have planned on going to MGM to see the show but I am also flying out that evening and need to make sure we have enough time to get back to the hotel for ME.:confused:

mhead

You guys are crazy! The Doodlebops rock! Well at least my 16 month old loves them and that is all that matters to me - The Wiggles, well, they kind of make me nervous.

autigger

Here are the dates for the concerts:

<TABLE class=themeText2><TBODY><TR><TD>Mickey's Magic
Show</TD><TD><NOBR>8/16 - 8/19</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD>Doodlebops™</TD><TD><NOBR>8/20 - 8/23</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD>Mickey's Magic
Show</TD><TD><NOBR>8/24 - 8/27</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD>The Wiggles®</TD><TD><NOBR>8/29 - 9/1</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD>Johnny and the Sprites</TD><TD>TBD</TD></TR><TR><TD>Dan Zanes</TD><TD>TBD
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The information is on Disneys website under "preschoolers" and their new "Magical Beginnings" program.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/experience/experienceLanding?id=PreschoolersExperiencePage

brich

mhead said:
You guys are crazy! The Doodlebops rock! Well at least my 16 month old loves them and that is all that matters to me - The Wiggles, well, they kind of make me nervous.
The Wiggles are a great time. Have seen them like 4 times and the kids have a blast. I wish I was there for their shows as they are enjoyable. And ahhh, it is about the kids, right? :D

MinnieSummer

Who are Johnny and the Sprites? Noone seems to know that one. According to a CM it is the actual Wiggles. A few years back when Disney/ABC purchased the rights to their show I wondered whether they would appear at WDW. Unfortunately, my DD is now to old for them so I doubt that we will be able to see them.

banimall

That would be so awesome if Bus Driver Bob showed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were stand in Wiggles, anyone's who's been to a Wiggles Concert knows that they can really fill up. To put that many additional people in MGM would be a madhouse.

I thought the Sprites from Johnny and the Sprites were puppets.

And lastly, to answer the question what is a doodlebop, a doodlebop is a combination of a real life teletubbie type costume and Hanson.

AndreainNY

And lastly, to answer the question what is a doodlebop, a doodlebop is a combination of a real life teletubbie type costume and Hanson.

BAH-HA-HA-HA!!!! I too find the DoodleBops more than a little freaky. My daughters love them though, The Wiggles too. All I can say is that BOTH are less annoying then when I had to sit through hour after nauseating hour of BARNEY when my son was young!!! (he is 13 now and would rather DIE than have people know how much he loved Barney!!!)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Personally, I can't stand the Doodlebops. Phony and forced. :hurl: The kids don't really like them either, so we're safe for now. ;)

If the real Wiggles didn't perform, there'd be rioting. ;) Now that's a show worth seeing, they really go all out when they perform live.

1disneydood

Doodlebops... :veryconfu
dmr_on_couch.jpg

I'd rather see barney before I'd see doodlebops. They look scarier than PeeWee Herman, Michal Jackson, and Mr. Rogers together.

scpergj

1disneydood said:
Doodlebops... :veryconfu
dmr_on_couch.jpg

I'd rather see barney before I'd see doodlebops. They look scarier than PeeWee Herman, Michal Jackson, and Mr. Rogers together.

That's them....my kids and I call them "the Poodledrops"...:drevil:

My 4 year old, however, loves the Wiggles. I think we'll wait and see them live here again, instead of fighting the crowds!

DME

Johnny and the Sprites is an 'intermission' show between the regular shows on Playhouse Disney in the mornings. It's a guy named Johnny and all the Sprites are puppets.

Mecha Figment

i'm suprised nobody is asking about Mickey's magic show.

this is the new Disney Live show from what I understand and it will be showing first at MGM studios. It will feature all the VIP's in their new talking heads. thats right the mouths and eyes move blink and respond to the track.

The cool part about this show is this is simply a development prototype for what they want in the parks in the near future.

just thought you should know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom