Will the Mexico-Germany Boat Ever Return?

Horizonsfan

Original Poster
The Friendship route from the Mexico side of World Showcase plaza to Germany has been missing since the pandemic, if not longer. Are there any plans for it to ever return?

I realize this falls far down the list of broken promises & missing returns, but it seems like it'd help with walkway crowding during the ever-expanding festival seasons.

At the very least, could they incorporate the Germany dock into the Canada-Morroco route?

Disone

The Friendship route from the Mexico side of World Showcase plaza to Germany has been missing since the pandemic, if not longer. Are there any plans for it to ever return?

I realize this falls far down the list of broken promises & missing returns, but it seems like it'd help with walkway crowding during the ever-expanding festival seasons.

At the very least, could they incorporate the Germany dock into the Canada-Morroco route?
That would be my suggestion. Three stops. Treat it a little bit like the Walt Disney World railroad going around the world showcase lagoon.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

It originally halted due to Harmonious construction, then the Harmonious hardware was in the way, and now it's a construction site for the new show. I think we should have a good idea if it's ever coming back once construction is complete and the new show is open. The new show has a much smaller footprint, so I can't see a reason why the full route can't resume.

mattpeto

It originally halted due to Harmonious construction, then the Harmonious hardware was in the way, and now it's a construction site for the new show. I think we should have a good idea if it's ever coming back once construction is complete and the new show is open. The new show has a much smaller footprint, so I can't see a reason why the full route can't resume.
Speaking of boat routes, do we think the Blue Launch will ever return between CR, WL and FW? It sure seems deader than dead.

Last edited:

muddyrivers

That's a shame. It was nice to be able to get from part of the way through World Showcase in Germany to the entrance in Mexico rather than having to take a boat to Future World from the beginning of World Showcase. There really is no reason to take transportation options away from the guest. EPCOT is a large enough park to walk around to begin with.

Disone

I really hope that isn't a sign of it not returning at all. I used that route all the time and really enjoyed being able to have an alternate mode of transportation between Wilderness area and Monorail Resorts
I think(do not know and hope I am wrong) that this service is gone. A memory of the past.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I really hope that isn't a sign of it not returning at all. I used that route all the time and really enjoyed being able to have an alternate mode of transportation between Wilderness area and Monorail Resorts

It was posted in another thread that the management at the Contemporary does not see the value in restoring the route/service and will not fund their portion of it, and the other two resorts are not willing to carry the cost independently of the CR putting in their share. Until CR management sees the value in the route it will not return.

mattpeto

It was posted in another thread that the management at the Contemporary does not see the value in restoring the route/service and will not fund their portion of it, and the other two resorts are not willing to carry the cost independently of the CR putting in their share. Until CR management sees the value in the route it will not return.

I'd say the next indicator is when the DDP returns in January. It's possible that all the restaurants at those resorts will benefit from forced consumption of dining credits.

I wouldn't count on it, but you never know.

Dr.GrantSeeker

What a shame.

JohnD

Bump: There was a rumor posted on an AP FB site that the Canada-Morocco boat shifted to Canada-Germany yesterday. Any truth to this? Maybe temporary while working on the Morocco dock or something. On Tuesday, when I was there, it was still Canada-Morocco.

vikescaper

Bump: There was a rumor posted on an AP FB site that the Canada-Morocco boat shifted to Canada-Germany yesterday. Any truth to this? Maybe temporary while working on the Morocco dock or something. On Tuesday, when I was there, it was still Canada-Morocco.
Yes! I saw this in operation today. We were having a snack at Germany and I noticed that there was a boat at the Germany dock. It took off and went to the Canada dock. The Morocco dock has a sign stating that it is closed. I was going to take photos but I didn’t.

Disone

Yes! I saw this in operation today. We were having a snack at Germany and I noticed that there was a boat at the Germany dock. It took off and went to the Canada dock. The Morocco dock has a sign stating that it is closed. I was going to take photos but I didn’t.
PXL_20240324_223058553.jpg

Here you go. From today. Friendship VIII departs Germany dock and gently turn around to start heading towards Canada via passing by but not stopping at Morocco. Makes for a longer cruise.

Disone

It’s ridiculous they still won’t commit to running both routes.
I still say create one station between Port of Entry and Disney Traders and create one round trip from there to Morocco, then Germany, before returning back to the station between Port of entry and Disney Trader.

Having said that I like this current temporary route which is basically from the kitty corners of Canada/ Port of entry and Germany/ African themed Outpost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom