Will the fares EVER go down???

shoppingnut

Last July I drove to Philadelphia and flew out of there because the air was $250 less than Newark, LGA & JFK. It was an 1 1/2 hr drive, but felt it was worth it. I have also found that sometimes the airfares on the airlines own website can be better priced or offer better flight time for the same price as travelocity, etc.

jaylenofan86

It's summer, all the airfare prices are going to be higher because the demand is higher during this time. The specials for the fall season won't come out for another couple of weeks or so.

Dagger

Book FAR in advance has helped me out a bit.

You could also fly into an airport an hour or two away. (ie flying into Akron, Ohio instead of Cleveland sometimes makes it cheaper, sometimes more expensive. You can't be so choosy as to times of the day when you fly into a smaller place)

I have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale (where my dad lives) and then get to Disney, so we were considering flying from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando after the visit but FORGET it, it would've cost the same thing it's costing me to get from Charlotte to Ft. Lauderdale. So, we're renting a car and driving....then we'll drive back (again, we have to anyway) and fly back to Charlotte out of Ft. Laud.

I guess if you aren't driving the whole way and need to rent a car anyway, it might be worth it.

thebestporter

$155 round trip from Cleveland from Orbitz. I booked about 2 months before the trip (which is actually just over a week away). You just gotta catch em when you can. Anything before a month away and you'll get high prices, anything too far away and you'll get high prices as well.

jaylenofan86

thebestporter said:
$155 round trip from Cleveland from Orbitz. I booked about 2 months before the trip (which is actually just over a week away). You just gotta catch em when you can. Anything before a month away and you'll get high prices, anything too far away and you'll get high prices as well.

Very true, I reccomend using Yahoo Dream Maps and Travelocity with the flexible dates for finding the cheapest fares.

Misscmac

I never have any luck using websites such as Orbitz, Travelocity, ect. I always manage to find a cheaper, direct flight by going to the Southwest website. Also, I was told the Southwest's fun fares come out Wednesdays. We booked on a Wednesday and got direct round-trip flights for $135, which is the lowest I've ever paid :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom