Will SOARIN' previews start on 04/06/05 ?

KevinPage

Original Poster
Would they actually open up The Land and not have Soarin' open for sneak previews/soft openings?

I know that the AP preview is 4/15-4/17 and they need to have Cast previews before that. But I would find that strange if the pavillon is open but not the attraction (to the general public).

jesserin

I would ask - but certainly don't count on it. AP'ers get special benefits and that would defeat the whole purpose if they opened it earlier to regular guests - not to say that they def won't - but I just wouldn't count on it.

ToTBellHop

Let's not forget that Mission: SPACE was in daily previews in June of 2003 and AP previews were not until August of 2003. AP previews are by no means a guarantee that you are the first guests to experience an attraction, only that you will have a minimal queue time to ride. I would bet there will be previews starting 4/6 for maybe a week, then CM previews, then AP previews, and then they will just have it open daily w/ a 5/5 grand opening.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Based on Mission Space I figured they would do soft opening previews, but this stuff is never a guarantee. I never have to bother with the AP dates cause usually I hit the soft unannounced openings.

The goal of the post is to know ahead of time, not when in the park. Just looking for what people "in the know" have heard.

:D

Chape19714

Remember...M:S was open for previews for guests staying at WDW Resorts before the AP preview, and Press Previews before that, and CM previews in there too. So I don't know.

Pioneer Hall

I think that Soarin' will either be opening with the pavilion, or shortly after that point. They want people previewing the ride before the press gets its hands on it.

Robfasto

Let us not forget that unlike Mission: Space, Soarin is not using 'new ride technology'. Disney should know what to expect when it opens and should not need such a long preview time as they had with Mission: Space

WDWFanatic

I'll be down april 10th for my honeymoon and i really want to see it before we leave. I lost my VC card and am going to take my dads AP and vacation club card with me to flash incase we can get in.

s25843

WDWFanatic said:
I'll be down april 10th for my honeymoon and i really want to see it before we leave. I lost my VC card and am going to take my dads AP and vacation club card with me to flash incase we can get in.

Well First off, Congrats.

DVC/AP previews are the 15th-17th.

Montu

Chape19714 said:
Remember...M:S was open for previews for guests staying at WDW Resorts before the AP preview, and Press Previews before that, and CM previews in there too. So I don't know.

Mission: SPACE was open to anyone in the park - not just resort guests.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Robfasto said:
Let us not forget that unlike Mission: Space, Soarin is not using 'new ride technology'. Disney should know what to expect when it opens and should not need such a long preview time as they had with Mission: Space

You are right, but it is still new machinery and a new facility. CM's have to train and work out their responsibilities, timing and familiarity. You just never know for sure until you start that puppy up and take it around the block a few times.

Robfasto

ClemsonTigger said:
You are right, but it is still new machinery and a new facility. CM's have to train and work out their responsibilities, timing and familiarity. You just never know for sure until you start that puppy up and take it around the block a few times.

I totally agree, it just should not be as much as an 'original' attraction would have.

ToTBellHop

No, it shouldn't, but no one has suggested that it would. We are suggesting one month of soft openings as opposed to Mission: SPACE's 4 months of soft openings from June through early October 2003.

Thelazer

It's not really new, it's a direct clone of a ride at DCA. I would suspect there will be very minor problems in opening it.

dr_teeth90210

They have just recently have added "Soarin'" to the Walt Disney World Tip Board which is a board on the Cast Portal which shows all of the wait times for attractions. Currently it has a closed status.

But it's still a good indication that they should be opening the
attraction for previews shortly.

Also on the cast portal is an article from Al Weiss stating that he recently rode "Soarin".

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Glite82 said:
I am currently at Soarin since 3 weeks ago.... Right now we r getting trained and ready for the grand opening of the Land in April.

Any indication of when the Land will reopen? Dates of the 1st and 6th have now been removed from Disney communications, and replaced with "April 2005". Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom