Will SGE be handicap accessible??

tj229er

Original Poster
Will stitch's great escape be handicap accessible??

Will stitch's great escape be handicap accessible or will you have to transfer to a chair?

orlpassholder

I would imagine nothing would have changed for those seating requirements. The theater to my knowledge didnt change much in seating design. Plus Disney will keep the attracion handicap friendly (thats just good guest service)

phlydude

Originally posted by orlpassholder
I would imagine nothing would have changed for those seating requirements. The theater to my knowledge didnt change to much in seating design. Plus Disney will keep the attracion handicap friendly (thats just good guest service)

Don't all sit-down, non-moving attractions have to be ADA compliant?

barnum42

If the seating is the same as Alien Encounter then there will spots for wheelchairs. They were on the top level by the entrance doors, where you would have seen a restraint with no seat beneath it. The wheelchair user parks up in this gap and the restraint is lowered into place.

wannab@dis

I would say that anything WDI designs today would be done with the handicapped folks in mind. My dad is wheelchair bound and they treated him like gold when he was there last fall.

They have many things available that most don't even realize. He wanted to ride test track and the CM in charge came out to the front entrance when he asked whether he could ride or not. He asked several questions and since Dad can't move very well, he was worried about holding up the load process. They took him in the back way to what I assume is the holding area for the cars not running currently. They told him to take his time getting in the car and not to worry about anything. Once in, they brought the car into the queue and he rode several times before they took the car back to the holding area. Again, told him to take his time getting out.

Long story, but goes to show what WDW does to make their attractions accessible for the handicapped. One last thing... he said that many of the CM's that he talked to would kneel down and speak to him face to face. He said it was such a great experience to be treated special, but in a normal way without making a big deal out of his handicaps.

se8472

Its Federal Law as I recall. Most of it falls under the Amiercans with Disabilities Act of 1976 (at least I think itwas 76). But there are loop holes in the laws as well.

Bill

Account Suspended
Doesn't make sense to me... otherwise you'd be able to take your wheelchair on the Rock 'n' RollerCoaster.:lol:

barnum42

Originally posted by Bill
Doesn't make sense to me... otherwise you'd be able to take your wheelchair on the Rock 'n' RollerCoaster.:lol:
For a number of attractions wheelchair users have to transfer from their wheelchair. Rock and Roller is one of them, but there is wheelchair access up to the loading area.

DarkMeasures

Originally posted by Bill

Actually, look at the trains. There is a seat that can be removed quickly for a Wheelchair to be placed in. I have never seen it used though since it doesn't take that long of a time to get in and it's usually really bad for Wheel-chair bound people to ride thrill rides.

wannab@dis

I don't believe that they would be forced to make all rides accessible by law. I was saying earlier that WDI makes a concerted effort by CHOICE to be as inclusive as possible for handicapped people. I think they want to make as much accessible as possible - both to be a good corporate citizen and also since they'll have more guests to spend money. :)

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Actually, look at the trains. There is a seat that can be removed quickly for a Wheelchair to be placed in. I have never seen it used though since it doesn't take that long of a time to get in and it's usually really bad for Wheel-chair bound people to ride thrill rides.

I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds pretty odd to me. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom