1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Will SeaWorld bring back the big act after the demise of Ringling Bros?

Discussion in 'Sea World Orlando' started by Aqueeta, Jan 15, 2017.

1. matt78

matt78 Well-Known Member

SeaWorld doesn't need to bring back the shows. What they should have done was go ahead with building the Blue World expansion tanks and turned them into a Shark Encounter type attraction. It would be really popular and doesn't come with any of the negative feedback that will come with continuing the shows.The guests would get to have close encounters with the orcas and the orcas would end up with larger tanks. It would have been a win win for everyone except the animal rights activists who insist on the orcas being released.

919Florida likes this.
  2. raven

raven Well-Known Member

I usually go to Sea World a couple of times a year. The last time I went, early summer maybe, while I was sitting in the shows and walking around I would catch myself smiling. The place has really made a huge turn around since all this media coverage happened and whatever they are doing seems to be working IMO.

jensenrick likes this.
  3. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

1 - I didn't suggest Orlando, I was explaining probably why the OP did
    2 - I'm not invested enough to think through logistics I just don't really care lol

4. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

Yes they are. They're cutting operational hours, staff, anything they can, basically. Attendance is dismal. Mako was built to attempt to reverse the dwindling attendance levels, but it did not help. On most days, not only is Mako a walk-on, but you can ride multiple times without having to leave your seat.

SeaWorld is in trouble and if they aren't able to turn attendance around I could see the park being put up for sale within the next few years.

5. TheMouseFan

TheMouseFan Well-Known Member

So, you are saying that it would be unnecessary for me to buy quick queue passes for my visit on June 12? I certainly don't want to waste money, but we want to make the most of our one day visit, so I am willing to purchase them if they would make the day more enjoyable.

6. Tom Morrow

Summer is a different story because locals still come, so it's hard to say. If it's a weekday you still may not need it. Outside of summer of a holiday weekend though, you can pretty much count on the rides being walk-on by 1:00 PM.

TheMouseFan likes this.
  7. TheMouseFan

We are going on a Monday. The summer hours and pricing start the following Saturday. Is it available for purchase the day we are there, or do you have to buy it ahead of time?

8. Tom Morrow

You can buy it in the park. I would definitely wait to see the crowds first before buying it. Usually later in the day, everything is walk-on.

TheMouseFan likes this.
  9. TheMouseFan

Great, thanks so much!

Tom Morrow likes this.
  10. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

Shamu stadium would be a great location for a new ride. I think they should keep the rescue pet shows, but replace the other shows (which tend to not be very good anyway) with more rides or other "we do these great things for animals" attractions.

michmousefan likes this.
  11. Tom Morrow

Regarding crowds, I was there on Presidents Day, and the coasters were all walk-on by noon. Not a good sign at all, the park needs locals to stay afloat and Presidents Day is when they should be there.

12. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

We didn't renew last year, have no plans to renew now. Looked at the Blue Friday BOGO, and determined it wasn't a deal. Then I looked at the new all year dining, and realized after all the restrictions they put on it that I'd be better off buying anything I want ala carte.

If they want to stay in business, they need to be competitive.