Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Little Hit atleast 100 million

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Medicore 50 million

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Mega Hit over 200 million

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters
The past three times Ive seen the movie,its been sold out each time. The first time I saw it they had to bring in folding chairs because there were so many people. It was even sold out last night at the 9:55pm showing!

Don L Duck

I just came back from seeing it and it will be a hit.
I'd say between 50 and 100 million.
Not 200 million that's Spiderman domain and only Spiderman 2 will beat the first one.

Originally posted by Don L Duck
I just came back from seeing it and it will be a hit.
I'd say between 50 and 100 million.
Not 200 million that's Spiderman domain and only Spiderman 2 will beat the first one.

It might not hit 200 million but it will come awfully close. Its made over 38 million in 3 days,not too shabby...

From the looks of it,it seems like it will hit over the 50 mil mark by the end of today.

Edit: I just checked and the estimate is $70,431,000 total gross in the past 5 days

CTXRover

I just wanted to congratulate those who voted that POTC would make over 200 million and be a mega-hit! Its at 217 and counting and still #3 at the box office after 4 weeks!

It is holding up much better than Matrix was doing in its 5th week and although Matrix started out of the gate better, the ability of POTC to stay strong makes it a promising contender to beat the Matrix and become the year's #2 movie behind Disney's own Finding Nemo. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year, Disney's two releases would be performing better than the almighty Matrix Reloaded? Way to go Disney!!

JLW11Hi

:::looks around at all the posters in this thread from a while ago that should be bitting their toungs now:: :lookaroun :lol:

james4023464

Original Poster
guys i think POTC will become the #2 movie or the summer not the year though dont forget about LOTR Return of the King, Cat and the Hat, Polar Express, this winter might produce some major blockbusters so POTC will get kicked out of the 2nd spot but should hold strong in the top 5 for the year, but im predicting Nemo will be the king of the box office in 2003 congrats to disney.

FutureCEO

ROTK will do good but Cat in the Hat wont. the Polar express sounds like in interesting topic....it can either flop or be a hit. Dont forget another Matrix movie

LaughingPlace

What an interesting topic....almost everyone thought this would be a flop, or, at most, a minor hit. No one was willing to say it would make $200 million even after the early strong performance. Now it's at around $275 million. I saw it again just over the weekend and it was sold out. LOL!

I wouldn't want any of you managing my stock portfolio.

TURKEY

Originally posted by LaughingPlace
What an interesting topic....almost everyone thought this would be a flop, or, at most, a minor hit. No one was willing to say it would make $200 million even after the early strong performance. Now it's at around $275 million. I saw it again just over the weekend and it was sold out. LOL!

I wouldn't want any of you managing my stock portfolio.

While the people replying might not say that, just look at the poll.

26 votes or 48% of the voters think it would make over $200 million, another 28 % say over $100 million.

That's 3/4 of the voters that thought it would do decent to great.

I wouldn't want you to manage my stock portfolio either.

LaughingPlace

Gee, and how many of those in the poll voted AFTER it was a hit, do ya think?

I was actually commenting on the posts, and not the poll. But you knew that, and you just wanted an opportunity to post a "clever" reply. Gosh, you can add! I'm terribly impressed. I wonder why they are not beating down your door with job opportunities?

Originally posted by pheneix
Everyone I have talked has said that this could be the year's biggest train wreck, even more than Treasure Planet.

Originally posted by Dandyboing
I don't think this would be a good movie. The ride is so-so, but I don't thing a movie liek this would be good at all.

You have A) The older kids thinking it would be silly and B) The younger kids being to scared...

They're gonna have a hard time getting people to see it..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw, were at a little over $275 mil! Say goodbye Matrix to the number 2 spot of the summer!!
Sorry, I couldnt resist mate:D

TURKEY

Originally posted by LaughingPlace
Gee, and how many of those in the poll voted AFTER it was a hit, do ya think?

I was actually commenting on the posts, and not the poll. But you knew that, and you just wanted an opportunity to post a "clever" reply. Gosh, you can add! I'm terribly impressed. I wonder why they are not beating down your door with job opportunities?

Gee, it's really easy to look back and say that you thought it would do so well after the fact too.

:rolleyes:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by pheneix
Everyone I have talked has said that this could be the year's biggest train wreck, even more than Treasure Planet.

Depending on how much ends up being spent on the movie, it will either give kind of an "eh" performance like Gangs of New York, or it will tank like Reign of Fire or Pearl Harbor.

This movie is also being released against Terminator 3, which is fairly stupid if you ask me.
nothing against pheneix, but going back and reading this post is almost comical. None of us knew what the success of the movie would be, but given how successful it is, this post really stands out.

And how long did T-3 last at the box office?

LaughingPlace

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Gee, it's really easy to look back and say that you thought it would do so well after the fact too.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, except I never did. I thought the movie would tank, as did most of the rest of you. That's why I said the thread was interesting. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom