Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Medicore 50 million

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Mega Hit over 200 million

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters

james4023464

Original Poster
I know it's a little early to predict but do you think with all of the compition this July in the box office that PotC will pull out and be a summer box office hit. I think it will make over 100 million but I don't know about 200 million. This movie might even get a female audience because of Orland Bloom is in it.

pheneix

Everyone I have talked has said that this could be the year's biggest train wreck, even more than Treasure Planet.

Depending on how much ends up being spent on the movie, it will either give kind of an "eh" performance like Gangs of New York, or it will tank like Reign of Fire or Pearl Harbor.

This movie is also being released against Terminator 3, which is fairly stupid if you ask me.

imagineer boy

Well, Pirates of the Caribean is a favorite among many people who have gone to DL or WDW or any of the other parks. I don't think it will be a huge box office hit, but a moderate one just about as big as the Santa Clause 2 or somthing like that. We'll see. When critics predicted failiure for DL, it has become a very popular tourist destination.

Dandyboing

I don't think this would be a good movie. The ride is so-so, but I don't thing a movie liek this would be good at all.

You have A) The older kids thinking it would be silly and B) The younger kids being to scared...

They're gonna have a hard time getting people to see it..

SirNim

I think that it will be a mini-hit. It certainly has tough competition, yet many people recognize the POTC name and theme. The teaser that is up on the Net is very exciting, I think. I can only hope the rest of the movie is as good as the trailer...:)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Dandyboing
I don't think this would be a good movie. The ride is so-so, but I don't thing a movie liek this would be good at all.

You have A) The older kids thinking it would be silly and B) The younger kids being to scared...

They're gonna have a hard time getting people to see it..

I don't think so. Anyone who has gone to any of the Disney parks and enjoyed PotC as a kid might wanna see it.

wdwmaniac

From the teaser it looks like it could be good. It may be better than most think because unlike TP it's problaly going to have PG-13 rating and be distributed by Touchstone. I think it can pull off a 150 million maybe even more, but I think people want action and with PG rating like TP most young boys want shotting, things blowing up, and getting scared a PG-13 seems better and old kids may go it see it.

BenS

Well, Disney hasn't had major success in movies lately (I can think of 1 in particular), but I still think it will be a little hit.

Goofster

yeah, no huge money maker, but no flop either. I forsee it putting a little more interest in the Disney name and maybe causing some teens to turn their heads and think, wait, this is Disney?

The Pirates name will bring in the youngins and disney lovers alike, the action and special effects will bring in the guys, and Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom will reel in the ladies.

imagineer boy

I just saw the movie today!:sohappy: It was awesome!!!!!! When we went to get the tickets, I noticed that on the movie board, 2 earlier shows had been sold out! Its going to be a hit.:sohappy:

CTXRover

After seeing it myself and seeing the reaction from the audience that saw it with me (the theater was sold-out by the way), Disney may have a HUGE hit on their hands that should do well over the weekend and probably have good "legs". People actually clapped at the end, only one small child and his dad ever left during the movie to use the bathroom, despite Pirates long running time of 2 hours and 15 minutes, and there were conversations among people after the movie concerning when to come back to see Pirates a second time.

MicBat

Based on the reviews I've read and the audience (also sold out) reaction, I'd also say Disney is going to have a hit on their hands!

imagineer boy

Wow, my movie was sold out yesterday too... Two other movies before that were sold out. Wow, this is going to get good for Disney!:D :D :D :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

james4023464

Original Poster
as long as this movie doesnt slow down in the box office i smell 200 mil, because there isnt much cometition out there after this week, LXG is probally gonna bomb big time, the only thing Bad Boys 2 has is it off the hook soundtrack, Spy Kids 3D should at least get 100 mil but he dont have to worry about the Cortez's till end of July, American Wedding will get the teens so Pirates has a very nice future. Disney did very good timing with this release. The only main competition right now is T3 and legally Blonde, well that all a got to say about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom