Will MagicBands kill walk up fastpasses?

Gucci65

Original Poster
I searched for this and did not find anything, so please forgive me if I missed it.

Just wondering if MagicBands will allow people to walk up to the kiosk and wave their bands over a reader and get a fastpass OR will all fastpasses have to be done months in advance online? I personally don't want to schedule my fastpass months in advance, it is already enough to keep up with dining reservations. That is too much planning, I like to pretty much go with the flow when I'm at the parks. Anyone heard anything about this?

DisneyJoe

I searched for this and did not find anything, so please forgive me if I missed it.

Just wondering if MagicBands will allow people to walk up to the kiosk and wave their bands over a reader and get a fastpass OR will all fastpasses have to be done months in advance online? I personally don't want to schedule my fastpass months in advance, it is already enough to keep up with dining reservations. That is too much planning, I like to pretty much go with the flow when I'm at the parks. Anyone heard anything about this?

Recent stories have shown that some have been able to get day before or same day FP+ using the phone app, web, or kiosk. Only time will tell to see if there will be some held for same day FP+ in the future. You will most likely need to get them early in the day, just like the old paper fastpass system.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yes same day FastPass+ will be available - depending on availability. Advance bookings will be the preferred method. The main object of FastPass+ is to allow for pre-planning.

This one page guide will help you
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sooooooo many threads, just one search button.
That's not a fair assessment. The search feature isn't all that great (not that it is on any of the Disney forum sites in my experience). It certainly stinks if you don't know what you are looking for exactly.

Type in Fastpass+ or MyMagic+ into the search box and see how many results you get that won't answer your question in the least.

Heck, I find myself using Google to search the forums many times. Just put wdwmagic at the end of my search query. I get better results.

Answers have been given to the OP, so I won't add one...but jumping down the OPs throat that there is a great "search feature" when that is not the case at all (have you even TRIED to use it?) AND after they admitted that they already did try. Pfft. Just be helpful and answer the question.

/rant

JohnD

"Will MagicBands kill walk up fastpasses?"

It's not so much the MBs. WDW could decide to keep "legacy" FPs if they wanted to. But the trend is that they are phasing them out. Sorry. If it means anything, I agree with your sentiment. It takes the spontaneity out of touring and you're only limited to 3 FP+s in one park per day.

fosse76

Yes same day FastPass+ will be available - depending on availability. Advance bookings will be the preferred method. The main object of FastPass+ is to allow for pre-planning.

I think you missed the point. The question is really: will there be any FPs left the day-of? In which case the answer seems to be heading in the direction of "no."

Tangled21

From what I have read thus far, yes. I am not too fond of fp+ either. I am going to magic kingdom on monday and i already have my three fast passes picked, but I am used to getting at least 6 paper fast pass for that park. TDO should allow at least 5 fp+ for magic kingdom. If disney is going to charge five dollars more for a park, they should allow more than 3 fp+

pax_65

Very curious to see how they will accommodate locals with APs, Parkhopper passes (of less value if you can only get FP+ in one park per day), and day visitors who buy park admission for the day before entering the park.

Rob562

Very curious to see how they will accommodate locals with APs, Parkhopper passes (of less value if you can only get FP+ in one park per day), and day visitors who buy park admission for the day before entering the park.

AP holders will (eventually) get a Band for their AP, even without staying on-site.

AP holders who have stayed on-site since testing began can still use their Bands after checkout, though they're limited to a maximum number of days' worth of FP+ reservations at any one time. (Last I've heard it was 7 days of FP+ reservations, though it may have changed)

As for non-AP holders, it remains to be seen how Disney will accommodate them.

-Rob

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
That's not a fair assessment. The search feature isn't all that great (not that it is on any of the Disney forum sites in my experience). It certainly stinks if you don't know what you are looking for exactly.

Type in Fastpass+ or MyMagic+ into the search box and see how many results you get that won't answer your question in the least.

Heck, I find myself using Google to search the forums many times. Just put wdwmagic at the end of my search query. I get better results.

Answers have been given to the OP, so I won't add one...but jumping down the OPs throat that there is a great "search feature" when that is not the case at all (have you even TRIED to use it?) AND after they admitted that they already did try. Pfft. Just be helpful and answer the question.

/rant

A quick search would reveal many rants similar to this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom