Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I love the picture of you in front of the Universal revolving globe. :p:p I knew there had to be a story to go with your face! Ha! I had the hardest time trying to a get a picture there because there was always other people and it keeps spinning! Your hubby did a good job LOL
We were lucky in that there weren't a lot of people there the weekend we went, but he could have at least told me he was waiting and warned me when he was going to take it!!
River Country! Be still my heart! Love your drive by pics! I don't know why I feel such a connection to a water park I never went to, but it breaks my heart to see it rotting away. Wish they would get rid of it and let it rest in peace. Okay, I'm crazy.
Not crazy! I think lots of people feel that way! It was still open when we took our honeymoon in 1998. I could kick myself for not going!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We still had a little time before our lunch ADR, so we decided to use one of our bonus FP+ on Haunted Mansion. We headed over that way.

We get there and scan our bands...and get the flashing blue light!! I explained that we were using bonus FP+ that were given to us yesterday because of problems during our resort check-in, and he asked to see my MDE so he could use a code to validate it. Needless to say, they weren't there!! I never thought to check my MDE for them! So I had to trek over to Guest Services. Luckily, there is one in Liberty Square. It was fixed easily for me, but anybody could walk in and say they were supposed to have extra FP+ and the CMs wouldn't know any differently!
We walked back over, and got the green light this time!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Next up was lunch! We headed to the front of the park while the skies got darker and darker!

We checked in and waited quite awhile to be seated. We had the FOF parade package, so I was watching the clock closely to be sure we would have enough time to eat! They seated us just before I was going to go complain that we would be rushed to make the parade!

Bread (sorry, everyone else grabbed a piece before I could get a pic!):

We all got appetizers since we were doing the parade package. I got the Italian cheese dip:

Brian and Logan got pasta fagioli soup:

And Lily had a salad that I apparently didn't get a picture of!
Lily and Logan both ordered spaghetti and meatballs:

Owen got a cheese pizza:

I ordered shrimp scampi:

And Brian got a sampler with fettuccine alfredo, chicken parmigiana, and baked rigatoni:

Owen got a sundae for dessert:

Logan got cannolis:

Brian got cheesecake:

Lily got chocolate cake (and ate the whole piece!!):

And I got raspberry sorbet:

The food was good, but the service was pretty meh! Not horrible, but not great either!

gdisneyfans

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_403026005108_zpsi24kkvmk.jpeg

:joyfull::joyfull: LOVE this picture!!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
This was what we found when we exited lunch:

And that was nothing compared to the storm we listened to while we were eating lunch!
They were also announcing that FOF was delayed due to the weather, so Logan asked to make a stop here:

After we got our cards, it was still raining, so we headed to The Emporium for some browsing. We finally made our way back to the reserved seating area for the parade. The rain had pretty much stopped, so we put a poncho on the ground to sit on until the parade started.

There were only 3 or 4 other families in the reserved section. We joked with the one family that we all definitely wasted our money that day getting the dining package, as there were lots of empty spots along Main Street! Oh well, it would have been a totally different story if it had been sunny! As the parade was coming down Main Street, they removed the ropes that were along the curb, so I was sure there would be people butting in on our reserved space, but I have to hand it to the CMs, they kept everyone out that wasn't supposed to be there!
Now for the parade:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
After the parade, we hurried to our last FP+. A few pics on the way:

This is the FP+ line that formed very quickly behind us (and we were nowhere close to the entrance!):

I had plenty of time to take pics while we waited in line!

We made it all the way to the front. We were the next to be put on a train, and they unloaded everyone that was already on! They made everyone leave and gave us paper FP that were good through the end of our trip.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
As soon as we'd scanned our SDMT FP+, I got us another one for Pirates. It was now time to head over there. We made a quick potty stop, then saw Gaston, but the line was too long to want to stand in it!

Still not running:

Then it started raining again! And it only got harder the closer we got to Pirates!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We made a quick stop in Philharmagic.

Then it was time for our Pooh FP+ that I had made after Pirates. With a stop along the way:

Then Lily and Owen wanted to ride the Teacups. Logan, Brian, and I chose to sit this one out! I will ride with them only if they promise not to spin too fast, but they wanted to spin this time, so they were on their own!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Then it was time to head over and check in for the Happily Ever After dessert party!

They had a kids dessert kabob, and we got to keep the straws!

POG juice:

After getting our fill, we headed over to the garden viewing area. We picked a spot along the back railing so we could lean. The kids chose to camp out on the grass. We warned them that they would have to move once it started filling up, but it never got crowded enough that they had to move!

Some pics as it was getting darker:

I thought the dessert party was fantastic! We really enjoyed the treats, and the view from the garden was wonderful! It was so nice to not be standing right up behind and next to complete strangers! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who asks my opinion!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom