Will it be normal?

Disney Crazed

Do you think by summer 2021 things will be back to normal in the parks?
Hi I am just a kid and I guess I haven't paid as much attention to all of this pandemic virus as all of the adults so all I can say is I hope that by next summer that everything is normal at the parks and everywhere else. I know I am going crazy in my house and miss going over my friends houses and stuff like that so I hope so. Sorry I really can't give you a scientific answer.

Upvote 0

BuckyMom

I truly hope so. I believe that the numbers in the next two months could tell us a lot. Reopening businesses along with summer travel will determine if it can be done. If the big cities have a true surge in fall, I doubt much will be normal for a long, long time.

Upvote 0

mrs moon

Original Poster
Hi I am just a kid and I guess I haven't paid as much attention to all of this pandemic virus as all of the adults so all I can say is I hope that by next summer that everything is normal at the parks and everywhere else. I know I am going crazy in my house and miss going over my friends houses and stuff like that so I hope so. Sorry I really can't give you a scientific answer.
I truly hope so. I believe that the numbers in the next two months could tell us a lot. Reopening businesses along with summer travel will determine if it can be done. If the big cities have a true surge in fall, I doubt much will be normal for a long, long time.
I really hope for life to be normal again, like everyone else obviously do....I really want to walk mask free down main street !!

Upvote 0

Disney Crazed

I really hope for life to be normal again, like everyone else obviously do....I really want to walk mask free down main street !!
My family is going in September my mom and dad do a quick reverse so it is we deal with the mask and social distancing. I think for the most part we will all be troopers with the little bit of whining from my 8 year old little sister.

Upvote 0

Ben_since_1971

By summer 2021 a lot of the restrictions in place will be removed. Face coverings will become optional. It all depends on how this virus takes its course. Will we have a vaccine? Will we have developed 'herd immunity'? The pandemic of 1918 lasted a couple of years, but a lot of society returned to 'normal' after the initial wave. I do not doubt that some of what Disney is implementing now will still be in place. What exactly I do not know, although I understand the reservation system being implemented is something that was planned and is being pushed ahead of schedule. Will we still be reserving park days by then? I hope not.

I too am going in September. I was sad to see all my dining reservations disappear. But I look at it this way - I get to plan my trip again! Instead of 'Can I have fun with the restrictions?' my attitude is 'How can I have fun with them?'.

Upvote 0

mrs moon

Original Poster
By summer 2021 a lot of the restrictions in place will be removed. Face coverings will become optional. It all depends on how this virus takes its course. Will we have a vaccine? Will we have developed 'herd immunity'? The pandemic of 1918 lasted a couple of years, but a lot of society returned to 'normal' after the initial wave. I do not doubt that some of what Disney is implementing now will still be in place. What exactly I do not know, although I understand the reservation system being implemented is something that was planned and is being pushed ahead of schedule. Will we still be reserving park days by then? I hope not.

I too am going in September. I was sad to see all my dining reservations disappear. But I look at it this way - I get to plan my trip again! Instead of 'Can I have fun with the restrictions?' my attitude is 'How can I have fun with them?'.
...great attitude ..

Upvote 0

mf1972

we’re booked for october this year, but playing it by ear & see how it looks down the road. i think it’ll be better by summer 2021, but not 100%. we’ll just have to wait & see 🤞

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
At some point things need to be more normal than they are now.
If there is a vaccine readily available by then I think it will be mostly back to normal.
I do think the hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will stick around for quite some time or even forever but I think social distancing will come to an end sooner.
Heck for protesters it already ended so why not for the rest of us...
If there ISN'T a vaccine we will still need to get back to a normal life so its still gonna start to get back to normal a year from now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom