Will I need his birth certificate?

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
OK so my husband and I are taking my son to WDW for his 3rd birthday. Officially we are taking him a week before his birthday so that we check out a few days before his birthday. Anyway, he is the kind of kid where people constantly think he is three and sometimes even four years old because he is so tall and speaks so well and is so polite and all that. So- has anyone ever had a CM ask for a child's birth certificate? I would hate to loose even a copy of it at a place where there are so many people. Wrong hands and all that!

Secondly- this is his (and my, since we share a birthday!) birthday present. Do you think it would be ok to celebrate early or is that not fair to other people at the park and will the CM's be upset? I just want him to get to have his special day- ya' know?

coasterphil

You absolutely do not need to bring a birth certificate, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. Also feel free to celebrate early as Disney knows that a lot of guests do so and encourages it.

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Yay! Thanks!

My husband has been just convinced that we need it but I am so concerned about it getting lost.

Thank you so much!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I don't know if I would have a choice about not doing it if we do it for him- I am always telling people that I gave myself my best ever birthday present! And he really is!

I actually never had a good birthday growing up so it is so exciting to have one as a grown up and to give these moments to my little ones!

My daughter will be 2 and a half when we get there. She looks and acts three now. She speaks well and has all of her please, thank you, excuse me ect. She questions everything. She is so smart and you can get her to remember anything EXCEPT that she is 2. She conatantly tells people she is 4 and I don't know why. Lol

KC82271

My daughter was 2 months short of 3, but is extremely tall. They never even questioned me. However, I do keep a photocopy of her birth certificate in my wallet - it's not an original, but just in case they ask, I have it. We also fly, so I like to be covered.

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I mentioned to my husband last night that we shouldn't need it at Disney and he has said that he still insists on having it with us for the flight down there. That seems kind of funny to me since we had to buy our son a plane ticket anyway but at least we are flying Southwest so it didn't cost too much.

And I am so glad to hear that there is another kid out there with good manners. My mother in law thanks me all the time for teaching my son manners. So many kids demand things and never say please or excuse me. And as far as thinking things out- I know what that is like. My son understands how to USE TOOLS! As in- he can already take things apart with a screw driver. And he knows the consequences of things and there have been times where he will start to do something and I warn him and he stops, thinks and then goes- OK it's worth it.

The one thing that Jacob does that throws me for a loop is that he sometimes tells people that he is zero. I really hope he doesn't pull that at Disney or people will think that I have been teaching him to lie. In reality it is just that he really likes the zero episode of Curious George!

Tink423

I'm a little late to this one, but my favorite thing that happens with our 2yo is people try and compare there's to ours. I always feel so bad for the other child, my 2 yo has 2 16yo sisters, a 13yo brother and a 9 yo brother, she has no choice but to be advanced or she wouldn't be able to keep up!!!!!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I always have to laugh at people who try to compare their children to my son. I don't really mind but some people have got to think that I am blind! I teach their kids Sunday school so I know how well they speak- don't try and tell me lies about your kids. Every kid is special and talented in their own way. Don't make things up to make your child compare to mine- ya' know? It is sad and funny at the same time.

RebeccaMA

My 2 year old dd tells people she is 5 a lot. She is also tall for her age (over 3 feet tall) and is bigger than some 3 year olds. She's got good manners too, although sometimes she can be very, very shy especially around strangers.

I will be bringing a copy of her birth certificate, as well as a copy of her prescriptions, with me when we travel. We are flying also, and I do worry about emergencies being so far away from home.

Have a good trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom