Will I get to ride?

DTale

Original Poster
My last trip to Magic Kingdom for a very long time will be April 24, and I'm just curious what the odds are that I will get to ride 7DMT during a soft opening. Can someone explain to me how soft openings work?

phi2134

Judging from what everyone on here is saying in the other discussions, you are going to have to be lucky to be there when they are doing a soft opening of the ride. And seeing as soft openings aren't predictable, I don't think anyone would even be able to give you odds. Do a search on the other threads and you can easily find what people are saying.

Sped2424

To many threads on this topic :/ the ride shall be open may 2nd and soft openings could be anytime before that.

BigTxEars

Yep it's almost a stumble across the soft opening, you will know when there is long line where there should not be one.

At Uni last year there was a long line forming for who knew what, turns out it was a soft opening for Transformers. :)

ASilmser

My last trip to Magic Kingdom for a very long time will be April 24, and I'm just curious what the odds are that I will get to ride 7DMT during a soft opening. Can someone explain to me how soft openings work?

My guess (it's just a guess) is that there will be soft opening opportunities DURING your trip. However, actually BEING at the MK near the attraction for one of those moments is a total crapshoot. Good luck!

DTale

Original Poster
My guess (it's just a guess) is that there will be soft opening opportunities DURING your trip. However, actually BEING at the MK near the attraction for one of those moments is a total crapshoot. Good luck!

Do you think it will be posted on here when there are ones? Because I'll keep my phone handy the entire time ;)

DTale

Original Poster
This has been well covered. Do a search. But yes, checking WDWMagic is your best bet.

I've been following all the Seven Dwarves threads, and all I see is "Cast Member Training this week" with a date. And then I see "Oh, well it'll have soft openings sometime in April." I was hoping I could get a little more of a professional opinion.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've been following all the Seven Dwarves threads, and all I see is "Cast Member Training this week" with a date. And then I see "Oh, well it'll have soft openings sometime in April." I was hoping I could get a little more of a professional opinion.

Unfortunately, an opinion is the best you will get since nothing official has been announced. A press event is scheduled from April 30 to May 2 so presumably they would want the press to be able to experience the ride. There has also been a rumor that the official grand opening would be the morning of May 2nd. This supposedly came from someone at one of the hotels, and would make sense based on the press event schedule but it is still a rumor. There have been a lot of rumors about CM training that all indicate that it will be happening this months. We are within the window of when soft openings have happened on other rides. The actual date of the soft openings would depend on CM training, any construction that still needs to be completed, and any issues still remaining with the ride. Someone did post that there are significant clearance issues with the ride and this is partially substantiated by recent pictures showing that one of the railings along the track has been moved, but beyond that we don't have any confirmation of the extent of the problem.

orky8

If you have been reading all the threads, then it should be obvious that NO ONE KNOWS when it will open for soft openings. It may NOT open for soft openings, though that would be highly unusual. The only thing we do know is that there is a press event scheduled and, presumably, the ride will be open for that. But it might not be. Cast member trainings is a good sign for soft openings, BUT the fact that there seem to be some clearance issues, is not a good sign. When soft openings happen, they are unannounced -- that is why they are soft openings. It could be only open for an hour, or a day, or a week, and then suddenly closed.

If I were you, I would NOT plan on riding this attraction. Erase all hope out of your system because, yes it should be in soft openings by then, but it also should have been in soft openings by now if history is any guide. And it is not. I know it is frustrating, but all this information has already been given. There is nothing new to state on that matter. When there are soft openings (if there are, indeed, soft openings), we will get very little if any advance notice and you will need to be checking these boards and in the right place at the right time. Literally one day, people will show up at the park and see the gate open at the entrance and post it here -- that is how you will know.

ASilmser

If you have been reading all the threads, then it should be obvious that NO ONE KNOWS when it will open for soft openings. It may NOT open for soft openings, though that would be highly unusual. The only thing we do know is that there is a press event scheduled and, presumably, the ride will be open for that. But it might not be. Cast member trainings is a good sign for soft openings, BUT the fact that there seem to be some clearance issues, is not a good sign. When soft openings happen, they are unannounced -- that is why they are soft openings. It could be only open for an hour, or a day, or a week, and then suddenly closed.

If I were you, I would NOT plan on riding this attraction. Erase all hope out of your system because, yes it should be in soft openings by then, but it also should have been in soft openings by now if history is any guide. And it is not. I know it is frustrating, but all this information has already been given. There is nothing new to state on that matter. When there are soft openings (if there are, indeed, soft openings), we will get very little if any advance notice and you will need to be checking these boards and in the right place at the right time. Literally one day, people will show up at the park and see the gate open at the entrance and post it here -- that is how you will know.

Yep, what orky8 said. If you want to guess, then fine, but if you want something to look forward to and promise the kids (or other adults), then forget it. Based on the time of your visit, you are probably better off lowering your expectations. You are just too close to call. The only "for sure" is the press event. Not even 100% sure what the press event will cover. There are so many variables to opening a ride like this (new ride system, clearance issues, safety checks, OSHA inspections, state inspections, clean-up, touch-up, hiring, training) that Disney will not risk promising something it cannot deliver by publishing a date until everything is ready. Obviously, that has not happened yet. All anyone can claim to know is based on rumor and educated guess. As you can probably tell by now, there are enough WDWmagic folks out there looking to break the news of an official opening date or a soft opening that you will know within a few minutes of it happening if it happens.

HeatherWatson

"Will [we] get to ride?" is the question I ask myself everyday before scouring the Internet for any new 7DMT news to indicate that my daughter and I will be able to hop on this B sometime during our May 3-11 trip. I keep hearing May 2, but the uncertainty of it is driving me bonkers. I think I need help.

MOXOMUMD

"Will [we] get to ride?" is the question I ask myself everyday before scouring the Internet for any new 7DMT news to indicate that my daughter and I will be able to hop on this B sometime during our May 3-11 trip. I keep hearing May 2, but the uncertainty of it is driving me bonkers. I think I need help.
You don't need help. :) The length of time it took to build this drove us all a little bonkers.

dstrawn9889

hows about this... NO, you wil not be able to ride. is that easier on your senses? or is the much more polite, we really are not sure, you may get on if you are there at the right time and everything works out for you magically?

DTale

Original Poster
hows about this... NO, you wil not be able to ride. is that easier on your senses? or is the much more polite, we really are not sure, you may get on if you are there at the right time and everything works out for you magically?

I don't need the sass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom