Will high inflation cause locals to switch from Disney and/or Universal to Seaworld and Bush Garden?

seascape

Original Poster
As inflation is crazy and Universal increased their APs double digit, do you think locals will give up on over priced Disney and Universal's parks? With gas prices through the roof and people needing to save money, what are you going to give up. I have already cut out cable and just stream Disney's tripple play, Paramount Plus, Prime and free services. I think I may give up Paramount Plus as my yearly offer ends soon.

As for what else I can give up to save money to pay for inflation, I am giving up eating out as much, even when I travel. That is the advantage of DVC and Wyndham Vacation Ownership. I eat breakfast at the resort and many dinners and some lunches. I will also give up buying as many souvenirs because something has to give so we can keep what we enjoy. I want to keep my WDW pass and will unless it gets worse but who knows what will happen in the future?

Minnesota disney fan

As inflation is crazy and Universal increased their APs double digit, do you think locals will give up on over priced Disney and Universal's parks? With gas prices through the roof and people needing to save money, what are you going to give up. I have already cut out cable and just stream Disney's tripple play, Paramount Plus, Prime and free services. I think I may give up Paramount Plus as my yearly offer ends soon.

As for what else I can give up to save money to pay for inflation, I am giving up eating out as much, even when I travel. That is the advantage of DVC and Wyndham Vacation Ownership. I eat breakfast at the resort and many dinners and some lunches. I will also give up buying as many souvenirs because something has to give so we can keep what we enjoy. I want to keep my WDW pass and will unless it gets worse but who knows what will happen in the future?
We have given up on disney before the gas/grocery hikes. We will go to Universal, Seaworld, and other nondisney parks when we travel again. As for what we have given up? We were scheduled to go on a road trip to Arizona at the end of this month, but with raising gas prices we have decided not to go at this time. The gas prices in Az and Cal seem to be the highest in the US right now. Our one splurge was to eat out at least 3 times a week. We have cut back to 1 x a week. Food is one thing we haven't cut back on yet and still go to our local family owned grocery store.
I would think a lot of people will change their vacation plans with all these climbing costs, but who knows?

IanDLBZF

As inflation is crazy and Universal increased their APs double digit, do you think locals will give up on over priced Disney and Universal's parks?
We won't know for sure, but Disney and Universal may not be the only ones impacted. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens have been in HUGE trouble over these past few years and this may end in disaster.

cheezbat

I’ve kept my season pass to universal through the pandemic. I added Busch Gardens this year. I let my Disney pass expire at the beginning of 2020 and after the pandemic started I decided not to renew when they allowed us to again…and have no plans to anytime soon.

Universal and Sea Worlds parks are bringing the value for what you pay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom