Will George Lucas ever go to Star Wars Weekend?

batman3101

Well it certainly makes sense that George was there recently. First of all, Rick McCallum came back for a second weekend? Doesn't really make sense for him to come all the way back to Orlando just to meet fans. That is unless he brought George with him to discuss changes to Star Tours. My second theory that makes me think that George was there was that the posters at the exit changed back to the old planet ones. Wouldn't it have made more sense to change those posters before weekends began? Instead they were changed to the last weekend?

Just my 2 cents, but it certainly looks promising for things to get rolling.

And my first post!! :wave:

BaTWING_2000

I think they just started...

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think Disney may be at the point where they're ready to rehab it. It's time for the rebirth of the Disney-MGM Studios to begin.

Did you see that post about the milionare show being taken out??? They Say that they are going to put in (rumored of course) a toy story themed attraction with 3d and shooters or something. To me it sound that it could be a merge of the Spiderman attraction, together with the concept from the Buzz Lightyear interactive shooters type of thing. What do you think...?:sohappy:

-Sincerely: BaTWING_2000

nibblesandbits

BaTWING_2000 said:
Did you see that post about the milionare show being taken out??? They Say that they are going to put in (rumored of course) a toy story themed attraction with 3d and shooters or something. To me it sound that it could be a merge of the Spiderman attraction, together with the concept from the Buzz Lightyear interactive shooters type of thing. What do you think...?:sohappy:

-Sincerely: BaTWING_2000
yeah...Str8fan has seen that post...and I know he's excited about it...but I'm sure he'll tell you himself later. (If you read that thread, you'll read some of his comments about it too. :D )

JROK

KevinPage said:
Would an intelligent murderer go back to the scene of his crime?

Probably not. I'm sure Lucas would (or at least SHOULD) get reamed and heckled for bastardising the franchise.

If it wasn't for the Wachowski Brothers destroying the legacy of the Maxtrix with Reloaded & Revloutions, 'ole George would be alone at the top of the "crap-pit". :hurl:

Do I sound bitter or what :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did George ruin the franchise and why is he at the top of the "crap-pit"? He has done more for film than anyone will ever do! He revolutionized the world, and I'm not referring to his movies, but to what he has done behind the scenes...

artvandelay

KevinPage said:

Probably not. I'm sure Lucas would (or at least SHOULD) get reamed and heckled for bastardising the franchise.

If it wasn't for the Wachowski Brothers destroying the legacy of the Maxtrix with Reloaded & Revloutions, 'ole George would be alone at the top of the "crap-pit". :hurl:

You nailed it dead-solid-perfect

The only bastardizing George did was Episode 1 and some corny love scene dialogue in Episode 2 and 3 (ugh). Other than that...I really enjoyed the last two. The Wachoski Bros. (don't know if anyone heard this) are either in the process or have been sued by a lady who claims to have developed the plot for the very first Matrix movie. She apparently has a ton of dated material from back in the early to mid 80's that verify her claim. She pitched the "Matrix" at a round table when a film company was looking for story submissions, apparently the Wachowski Bros were note takers at the time or something for this company (was it Sony or Warner Bros...whoever made the movie). So now, that company and the Wachowski Bros are being forced into court to defend themselves against a lady who has all the evidence she needs to against both parties. (Kinda answers why the final two weren't very good....the lady only supplied the plot of the first movie).

I'll try to find that info online...I know it's there, I just don't remember where...I read about it a while ago.

I think a Star Tours rehab would be nice, but at the same time I think Disney needs to focus on quality attractions through out the rest of the park. There are some of those back side streets that really aren't anything important....the street with the Commisary and the one behind it where Millionare is for the moment. I see those areas as problem areas that should be looked into first.

sweethalfling

I love Star Tours and go on it multiple times when I get the chance to go to WDW (every two years or so based on finances). My family was just there for Star Wars Weekends on June 4th and were able to walk on the ride several times. It seemed like everytime we went by that area the wait time was 10 minutes. When we were there for Star Wars Weekends in 2004, the wait time was never less than 30 minutes. As much as I love Star Tours and hope it stays around for a long time, I think that observation tells us something about the diminishing popularity of the ride.

ilovepluto23

STR8FAN2005 said:
I sure hope not. That TV Series concerns me..

Yeah, I'm a bit weary of a TV series...based on STAR WARS? What the heck? Ughhh....I'd dread it...I'll cry if that happens :cry: .

They need to stop making sequels and TV shows to every movie made!

KevinPage

JROK said:
How did George ruin the franchise and why is he at the top of the "crap-pit"? He has done more for film than anyone will ever do! He revolutionized the world, and I'm not referring to his movies, but to what he has done behind the scenes...

I don't want to get into a whole "thing" with you on this, but let's face it, Lucas can't direct. The acting in all the of the last 3 movies was terrible.

Yeah I saw each movie mutiple times in the theatres and "forced" myself to enjoy them, but looking back, it's just hard to take. I'm no longer "excited" about Star Wars. The music doesn't give me chills or cause any emotional pull for me.

There are elements from each film I enjoy, but overall, it's hard not to say that Lucas did a very bad job with these films, considering how "good" they could have been if he wasn't directing them.

Let's not even get into the idiotic catch phrases and dialogue for Battle Droids, Gungans, etc. That alone makes you question his vision. The Battle Droids sounded like silly little computerized kids, it was cringe inducing.

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
yeah...Str8fan has seen that post...and I know he's excited about it...but I'm sure he'll tell you himself later. (If you read that thread, you'll read some of his comments about it too. :D )
You can't possibly be talking about me. I hate Pixar, new attractions, and better technology. I like stagnant parks with declining attendance! I'm a Disney purist......................well, maybe not.

Yeah, I'm stoked about the attraction.:lol: and all the other attractions being built at this time.

cdunbar

KevinPage said:

In my opinion you don't at all sound bitter yo are simply nothing more than someone who wants a ride that was in it hay-day a very excellent ride full of technology re-done which makes sense. And George Lucas is far from stupid, though on the other hand I mean the man obviously is not going to allow disney to publish the fact that he is there hidden somewhere in the park, though in my opinion that have something to do with the fact that if it was published that he was there every star wars fan in a 15,000 mile radius would be at the MGM gates and the crowds would proably be 2 to 3 X's bigger than they already are on those weekends. Do I think people should get a chance to meet Lucas, hell yeah, I'd love to meet this man I grew up watching his films and learned to love the star wars "empire" from my brother, I think disney should make some more expensive advanced ticket so to speak so that people who wanted to meet george Lucas had to buy like the 150 dollar ticket instead of the 50.

mhead

KevinPage said:
I don't want to get into a whole "thing" with you on this, but let's face it, Lucas can't direct. The acting in all the of the last 3 movies was terrible.

Yeah I saw each movie mutiple times in the theatres and "forced" myself to enjoy them, but looking back, it's just hard to take. I'm no longer "excited" about Star Wars. The music doesn't give me chills or cause any emotional pull for me.

There are elements from each film I enjoy, but overall, it's hard not to say that Lucas did a very bad job with these films, considering how "good" they could have been if he wasn't directing them.

Let's not even get into the idiotic catch phrases and dialogue for Battle Droids, Gungans, etc. That alone makes you question his vision. The Battle Droids sounded like silly little computerized kids, it was cringe inducing.

I disagree. Yes there were things that could have been better - but to say it makes you question his vision is a little too far. Some of the acting was terrible but not all - but to be honest I can't think of any movie where some of the acting was not terrible. Let's remember IT IS HIS STORY, MOVIE AND COMPANY! If he wanted to make it with rock'em sock'em robots in place of the battle droids - he could have.

cdunbar

Let's remember IT IS HIS STORY, MOVIE AND COMPANY! If he wanted to make it with rock'em sock'em robots in place of the battle droids - he could have.

Exactly! The movie belongs to this man he did what he did to answer questions about how things came about in the old movies, was the acting bad yeah but not terrible I mean all those actors that were in that film have gone on to do very good movies and some have even been on extremley high rated TV series. So it seems to me that Lucas used a mix of incoming actors and old actors and like some of us have stated this FILM belongs to this MAN, HE OWNS THE RIGHTS, HE OWNS THE CHARACTERS, it all belongs to him. I mean my best friends and I grew up with these films and went to go see each of the episodes at 12:01 am at our local theater and loved them and trust me when I say we are the toughtest people to empress when it comes to movies!:goodnevil

M:SpilotISTC12

Original Poster
I think all of the movies are great except for episode 2 and he is a great director but he has some low points but he is still great. If he totally redid ST@ the way he wanted it,i would imagine that to be spectacular.

KrazyKemp

Star Tours 2 - Rumor - (6/16/06) From the sound of things, Lucas came to visit the park during Star Wars Weekends, though no public appearance was made. Apparently he was poking around the whole Star Tours area along with a group of Imagineers. From what our sources have heard, the plans to update the ride are active, but Lucas’ plate is full at the moment while they work on transforming the entire film series into a new 3D format as well as the final planning for Indy 4. So the new timeframe seems to indicate that we wont see a Star Tours 2 attraction for 3-4 years now. Of course, I’ve got to wonder if it wont be in 3D this time around now.

Yes, it's from Screamscape, folks...so take it with a grain of salt...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom