• No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TsWade2

Original Poster
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but because what's going on with Disney right now, will Disney ever recover? I'm not going to say anything doom and gloom, I'm just asking to get it off my chest.

Splashin' Ryan

It'll fluctuate up and down as they continue to add and not add stuff. I think we also need to remember they still have (according to rough estimates) 8 of the top 10 attended theme parks in the world so I think they're doing just fine. Something absolutely major would need to happen for that to change.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but because what's going on with Disney right now, will Disney ever recover? I'm not going to say anything doom and gloom, I'm just asking to get it off my chest.
As has been discussed in many threads on this forum when you've posed similar questions, 100% yes they will recover. From movies to theme parks the company is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Which part of Disney ? Its grown into a lot of different areas and each faces challenges as technology and consumption patterns for each are changing. The ones with mostly physical components currently have the brightest future as they are tangible and are composed of things with a proven track record over the years that still retain and capture customers.

Now for all of the acquisitions, the future remains clouded on both return on investment (ROI or will they make enough profit to pay for their purchase and ongoing maintenance) and retain and grow their customer bases. If they can evolve beyond their current spending money to spend money, to spending money to make money that would be great but IMHO (and note that its my personal opinion) with their current fad chasing mindset they'll never achieve it.

TsWade2

Original Poster
As has been discussed in many threads on this forum when you've posed similar questions, 100% yes they will recover. From movies to theme parks the company is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
Well, at least I'm trying to get out of this doom and gloom nonsense!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Well, at least I'm trying to get out of this doom and gloom nonsense!
You have to remember what we read and see online isn't always correlating to what's happening in real life. We currently live in a rage-bait culture. All the worst of everyone/thing is easily amplified and made to be worse than it actually is...all for engagement and clicks. For example, my absolute favorite artist is Lady Gaga. Do you know how many times she's been said to be "over", "faded into irrelevancy", "lost her magic touch", or a "fake actress" Millions of times of the last 14 years & yet she always proves the naysayers wrong; just like she did again recently with the Joker: Folie a Deux trailer. What I'm saying is don't let the doom and gloom ruin your love for Disney. WDW is still my #1 favorite place to be.

Farerb

In my opinion, Bob Iger cared about short term investments and successes and never bothered to consider what would happen if people stopped caring about Star Wars or the MCU. Nothing lasts forever.

However, the biggest issue is that he completely stripped the soul out Disney and I think people started to notice it, too much focus on franchises, too much focus on sequels, too much focus on remakes, and his biggest mistake was abandoning Disney's biggest legacy, which is hand drawn animation, now there's nothing that makes them more special and unique than other animation studios that make the same bland CGI movies. Disney under Walt and during the Renaissance used to be innovative, they are no longer trying and they have become tired. They no longer tell stories, but rather they're here to sell you a product, and this is why people are bored and unenamored with the company.

Can Disney recover? Yes, but I don't see it happening under the current leadership. There needs to be a major change and unfortunately Roy Disney isn't here to organize another "Save Disney" campaign.

TsWade2

Original Poster
In my opinion, Bob Iger cared about short term investments and successes and never bothered to consider what would happen if people stopped caring about Star Wars or the MCU. Nothing lasts forever.

However, the biggest issue is that he completely stripped the soul out Disney and I think people started to notice it, too much focus on franchises, too much focus on sequels, too much focus on remakes, and his biggest mistake was abandoning Disney's biggest legacy, which is hand drawn animation, now there's nothing that makes them more special and unique than other animation studios that make the same bland CGI movies. Disney under Walt and during the Renaissance used to be innovative, they are no longer trying and they have become tired. They no longer tell stories, but rather they're here to sell you a product, and this is why people are bored and unenamored with the company.

Can Disney recover? Yes, but I don't see it happening under the current leadership. There needs to be a major change and unfortunately Roy Disney isn't here to organize another "Save Disney" campaign.
Whatever!🙄You’re from that discussion forum that’s filled with negativity!

Tha Realest

It depends. Film studios and content producers are now being targeted for disruption by the tech behemoths. Ask the journalism and book publishing and advertising and recording and retail industries how that has worked out for them over time.

TsWade2

Original Poster
It depends. Film studios and content producers are now being targeted for disruption by the tech behemoths. Ask the journalism and book publishing and advertising and recording and retail industries how that has worked out for them over time.
I don’t want to know. I agree that Disney needs new leadership, but right now, Bob Iger is the only CEO we’re going to have. So I would suggest we should cut him some slack and let him try his best to fix Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom