Will Disney Dining Plan Return?

LastoneOn

So, something that is a largely subjective opinion by some people is fact now? Because some people think something is true, is has to be true? You’re basically saying that anyone who thinks that the quality of food at WDW is good is wrong, and you’re being mildly aggressive about it. The only instance where opinion can even come close to being fact is when all people have the same opinion about something-and that is not the case here. You say I don’t “believe” you? Belief has nothing to do with it. If you say “1+1=2” and I don’t believe you, then I’m wrong, because it is a fact that 1+1=2. If you say “this food isnt good anymore”, and I say “I think it’s still good”, then that is a difference of subjective opinions, and neither one of us are wrong. Not sure why some people can’t grasp this concept, but it’s probably one reason why disagreements in our society always seem to turn into ugly situations.
So instead of going to find the answers yourself you're putting words into my mouth, labeling me aggressive, and doing all that.

Go find the data. Report back. If you don't want to do that, you've got nothing.

Hockey89

So, something that is a largely subjective opinion by some people is fact now? Because some people think something is true, is has to be true? You’re basically saying that anyone who thinks that the quality of food at WDW is good is wrong, and you’re being mildly aggressive about it. The only instance where opinion can even come close to being fact is when all people have the same opinion about something-and that is not the case here. You say I don’t “believe” you? Belief has nothing to do with it. If you say “1+1=2” and I don’t believe you, then I’m wrong, because it is a fact that 1+1=2. If you say “this food isnt good anymore”, and I say “I think it’s still good”, then that is a difference of subjective opinions, and neither one of us are wrong. Not sure why some people can’t grasp this concept, but it’s probably one reason why disagreements in our society always seem to turn into ugly situations.
Correct it’s a fact. People love the Olive Garden and Applebee’s. They suck no matter what. Fact not opinion.

Raineman

So instead of going to find the answers yourself you're putting words into my mouth, labeling me aggressive, and doing all that.

Go find the data. Report back. If you don't want to do that, you've got nothing.

Correct it’s a fact. People love the Olive Garden and Applebee’s. They suck no matter what. Fact not opinion.
Lol, Ok. Waste of time to carry this any further. Have a good one.

Club Cooloholic

Restaurants used to be unique at WDW. For some the food might be great, for many others who may live in cities with diverse and quality restaurant options, many of the restaurants are just OK with the majority being highway robbery based on value and quality.
There are still a few places that have some food options, but over the years the quick service options have morphed into a sameness, and thanks to the DDP the same has happened at many sit-downs. Interesting appetizers are near non existent, and so many of the entrees are practically identical that you are basically choosing the type of room you want to sit in vs the type of food you want to eat.

NelleBelle

YES!! A DDP line would be totally great!! As an aside, the last time we were on the DDP was back in the mid 2000s (can't remember as we took too many trips back then) but my MIL had that thing figured out and held them accountable to every little thing on that dang plan to where we had so much water and juice from our breakfast combo meal (we also had the refillable cups but were trying to scam us out of the beverage that came with the meal) and SO MANY DANG RICE CRISPY TREATS!!! She is a pro and reading the fine print and ensuring you get what you pay for and holding them accountable. She'd definitely need that special line--LOL!!!

Jon81uk

It is still opinion.

I visited 'Ohana for the first time last trip and loved it. Potstickers were great, chicken was flavourful, beef was a little rare for my liking but I enjoyed everything I ate. I think it was expensive and I'm not sure I would have paid the cash price (we had UK free dining offer). Many people say 'Ohana isn't as good as 10/20/30 years ago, I don't care I still enjoyed what I ate. My opinion is I had a great meal.

Two years ago I went to an Applebees for the first time, can't remember what I ate, but from memory it was good enough for the price paid. You can think the food sucks, I can also think it is fine. A fact would be more like "Applebees serve cheap low quality ingredients" (I don't know if they do without looking inside their fridges) and opinion is "I enjoyed my meal and it was good value".

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
"Bad food" is food that makes you sick. By that definition, nobody "loves" bad food, and Disney doesn't serve "bad food" -- on purpose, anyway.

It's a purely subjective topic based on personal preferences so thats why people get up in arms when someone espouses a differing opinion. My judgment of a bland entree might conjure the flames of hellfire in someone else's opinion. Not everyone shares the same dietary restrictions, preferences, quirks, or even exposure to styles of food or seasonings.

There are plenty of consumables I prefer over others in WDW, but none I would say that are bad.

pj4963

My thoughts are Dining plan won't come back until restaurants open up. When the covid is under control, if ever we might see it again.
I liked the plan because meals are paid for in advance. Our family has always been very happy with choices and food.

Hockey89

It is still opinion.

I visited 'Ohana for the first time last trip and loved it. Potstickers were great, chicken was flavourful, beef was a little rare for my liking but I enjoyed everything I ate. I think it was expensive and I'm not sure I would have paid the cash price (we had UK free dining offer). Many people say 'Ohana isn't as good as 10/20/30 years ago, I don't care I still enjoyed what I ate. My opinion is I had a great meal.

Two years ago I went to an Applebees for the first time, can't remember what I ate, but from memory it was good enough for the price paid. You can think the food sucks, I can also think it is fine. A fact would be more like "Applebees serve cheap low quality ingredients" (I don't know if they do without looking inside their fridges) and opinion is "I enjoyed my meal and it was good value".
No, it sucks

MileZXO

Bumped

I really hope the dining plan is back soon.

Not even free dining, I'd pay for it.

Being from the UK, i won't stay on site without it

Jon81uk

Bumped

I really hope the dining plan is back soon.

Not even free dining, I'd pay for it.

Being from the UK, i won't stay on site without it

have you actually checked and worked out if you genuinely save money? Maybe there are some days you want a starter instead of dessert. Or want two quick service meals and no table service. The dining plan doesn’t always make sense and rarely saves you money.
Just save the money you would have spent on the dining plan and then use that to pay for meals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom