Will a new ride be announced for the resort in 2023?

Will a new ride be announced for the resort in 2023?

• Total voters

hsisthebest

I'm with you. I've stepped on WDW property precisely once in 2017 solo for one day while on a business trip. I was headed to Orlando and figured I'd fly in a day early and enjoy the day. Other than that I haven't been on property since 2010 due to a personal boycott due to all the changes I didn't like. I'm seriously considering a trip to Uni in October for Horror Nights. I don't plan to spend a second in Disney, and this coming from someone who used to take an 8-day trip every other year in my younger years with my then girlfriend/wife. I miss my old Disney, but not what's there right now.

Sorry for taking this a bit of track, all. My fault.
It's not really taking it off track- WDW has issues with outdated/mediocre rides and lands that are stagnant. Uni has some of the same issues but at least tries: Back to the future is upgraded to Simpsons while Carousel of Progress languishes, Hulk gets a new track and ride system while Space Mountain becomes more and more of a back breaker, Pandora has the same 2 rides for 6 years while Potterland has added Gringott's and Hagrid's Motorbikes along with many other attractions. More power to the poeple that want to scramble and stress to get a virtual queue or pay out the rear for Lighting Lane for Tron- a 1 minute cloned ride that took 6 years to build. I've got better things to do with my time and money.

ppete1975

Id love real numbers that we will never know
A) how many guests are first timers
B) how many people first time in 5 years? 10?

If disney ran off lets say 50 percent of the diehard parks fans would it impact them at all.

monorail81

For a new ride that would open in 2023? Heck no. They would have had to announce in back in 2018 with the rate they’re moving. If they announce something in 2023, it won’t open until 2028 at the earliest, if ever.

roj2323

With Guardians having opened recently, Tron opening imminently, Moana opening probably by the July 4th weekend and Tiana already announced, I don't see that they really have incentive to announce anything right now. I suspect they will wait until Epic Universe is about to open and then make a pile of announcements to take the wind out of Universal's sails. I believe this is when they will announce whatever they are going to do with Dinoland in Animal Kingdom as well as announce what they are doing with Stich at Magic Kingdom. They may also if they feel the need announce that rumored major Magic Kingdom expansion and Hollywood studios will likely get some sort of Star Wars addition (restaurant likely) if they don't bite the bullet on the redevelopment of the Former Animation courtyard area. Basically what I'm getting at here is late 2024 / early 2025 will be very interesting for announcements I think.

FettFan

^^ What do you think?

Sure they can *announce* anything they like. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.
play-pavilion-concept-art.jpg

mary-poppins-concept-art-epcot-transformation-reimagining-disney-world.jpg

Tiana's Bayou Adventure and Moana's Island Adventure were just two that got lucky.

ppete1975

Sure they can *announce* anything they like. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.
play-pavilion-concept-art.jpg

mary-poppins-concept-art-epcot-transformation-reimagining-disney-world.jpg

Tiana's Bayou Adventure and Moana's Island Adventure were just two that got lucky.
To be fair play was a bad idea, the pandamic and the whole germ thing just made the idea even less likely. Mary Poppins I think will happen. To be honest i dont even care if we get a ride if they just make the city scape with old man shooting a cannon at 8 and 6.

Smiley/OCD

I know everyone thinks that the attendance at WDW is indestructible, and until Uni announced a new park, I agreed. I really think that new park is gonna cause Dis to take a major hit. There are always going to be your Disney-only diehards, but if Uni peels off even a smaller percentage of revenue from Dis, say... 20%, it could be catastrophic. If Epic is an epic success, Dis might lose visitors permanently. There will be people who have never visited Uni who fall in love with it. Just as bad is if Dis loses 2 or 3 days out of a family's vacation each trip. It'd be really bad for Dis to start sharing more families with other parks. And if Dis doesn't have a response to Epic, they will gradually lose visitors to Uni until Dis is backed into a corner of drastically cutting costs, or investing a mountain of dollars into something really big to win people back. Either of those would be catastrophic because cost cutting measures will really upset their fans when things aren't working, are filthy, or attractions/shows just get mothballed. It's a downward spiral. Soon after you'll have people saying, "well, why don't we go back to Dis for a few days to keep costs down since the parks are near empty, and ticket prices are so low." 🤣

View attachment 699334

I might be wrong, but I enjoy being in the prediction business. 😁 I'm like a street-side psychic but worse because I don't get paid for my predictions.
Or a TV meteorologist…

Surferboy567

When “announced” is said in the title…would announcing that AK OR MK expansions are going ahead count? Since we received so little concrete details I think I would count that IF such an expansion would happen.

I’m hoping we get something of substance at Destination D23 this year. They should announce some kind of expansion/new addition for WDW maybe not at Destination D23 but surely something has to be in the works?

erasure fan1

It can only help us if Dis is forced to respond by improving guest pricing and promotions to keep us around.
Yup. Personally I hope Epic puts a huge dent on Disney. I hope it's crazy popular and and Disney sees a measurable drop in, well, everything. That is the only way that gets Disney back into a leading mentality instead of being lazy uninspired followers. Even then I'm not convinced they would change their ways. They're so of the mindset of, no matter what they do, our fans will always fall all over us.
. I suspect they will wait until Epic Universe is about to open and then make a pile of announcements to take the wind out of Universal's sails.
That's probably spot on. Disney is so arrogant that doing that makes perfect sense. Only Disney would think, instead of announcing something that would open around the same time as Epic. You can just announce something that won't open for another 4 or 5 years and think, yea, that will show them!

jpinkc

Disney cant build anything in a Timely Fashion or Deliver the thing they said they were going to build as it was originally presented. To many Bean Counters not enough Imagination or Heart left in the company. They dont have the will or desire to build, unless its overseas. I love the parks as they were but they just dont seem to know what or how to build a truly great attraction anymore. Falcon is ok..... ROTR is ok, but it could have been much more.

roj2323

Yup. Personally I hope Epic puts a huge dent on Disney. I hope it's crazy popular and and Disney sees a measurable drop in, well, everything. That is the only way that gets Disney back into a leading mentality instead of being lazy uninspired followers. Even then I'm not convinced they would change their ways. They're so of the mindset of, no matter what they do, our fans will always fall all over us.

That's probably spot on. Disney is so arrogant that doing that makes perfect sense. Only Disney would think, instead of announcing something that would open around the same time as Epic. You can just announce something that won't open for another 4 or 5 years and think, yea, that will show them!
It's exactly what they did with Wizarding world. The Fantasyland remodel was timed to kick the wind out of universal's sails. It Failed spectacularly but they still did it. If I recall they timed the opening of Pandora to coincide with another Universal project too.

roj2323

Disney cant build anything in a Timely Fashion or Deliver the thing they said they were going to build as it was originally presented. To many Bean Counters not enough Imagination or Heart left in the company. They dont have the will or desire to build, unless its overseas. I love the parks as they were but they just dont seem to know what or how to build a truly great attraction anymore. Falcon is ok..... ROTR is ok, but it could have been much more.
I have to agree. Between the obnoxiously long build times and the "value engineered" final products. I've personally found it difficult to get excited about any of the projects they have done in the last 10 years aside from Pandora. It's possible that Guardians is an exception to this but even Tron is a bit lack luster and don't get me started on the crap show that Galaxy's Edge ended up being.

jpinkc

I have to agree. Between the obnoxiously long build times and the "value engineered" final products. I've personally found it difficult to get excited about any of the projects they have done in the last 10 years aside from Pandora. It's possible that Guardians is an exception to this but even Tron is a bit lack luster and don't get me started on the crap show that Galaxy's Edge ended up being.
We were there for the Opening of Pandora, FOP is good but not worth the current 2 hour plus wait times. The NRJ is a bit of a joke. At night it was a very beautiful area. GE I agree is kind of a mish mash of Star Wars. I think thats the biggest problem of the land. If it had set itself in the time of the Original Trilogy it would have worked out better.

J4546

We were there for the Opening of Pandora, FOP is good but not worth the current 2 hour plus wait times. The NRJ is a bit of a joke. At night it was a very beautiful area. GE I agree is kind of a mish mash of Star Wars. I think thats the biggest problem of the land. If it had set itself in the time of the Original Trilogy it would have worked out better.
GE is better in DL California because theyve abandoned the timeline. Hopefully they will do the same in FL sometime but its harder because of the starcruiser hotel

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom