wildreness lodge

ortis

:sohappy: we will be at the w.l august 9-16.I was wondering how long it takes by boat to the mk .also how long by bus to the other parks. Is this a pain to use the disney transportation because we wont have our car. Thanks in advance

Chernabog2512

We are going to WL in September and I cannot wait. Since we booked in April we have changed our reservations to Contemporary and Poly and finally went back to Wilderness. We can't help it, we just love it there.

Upvote 0

cuteypatooty78

Never stayed at WL but visited a friend of my dads there...its a very beautiful resort and Wispering Cafe was wonderful!!!! I think though Boardwalk will always be my favorite!!!:sohappy: :)

Upvote 0

WendyOkada

Attitude is everything

As seen on these boards many times over, your vacation is going to be as enjoyable as you make it (or conversely, as miserable as you let it be). Here are a couple tips for you: (sorry if I get on my little soapbox) :lol:

WL is beautiful. It is very different than the other resorts, very rustic and secluded. Very woodsy and remote feeling. Nice and quiet at night with the sounds of crickets chirping.

That said, you will pay a price for its seclusion - a little more distance from the parks. Ferry to MK doesn't take too long (as with all WDW transport, it depends on how busy it is at that time of the day). However, since it's not within walking distance or on the monorail route, if you're car-less, you will have to wait for buses. We rented a car when we stayed there because it was just more convenient for us. However, we have taken bus transport many a time and you just have to have a "whatever will be, will be" attitude about the bus schedule. Do NOT expect the buses to get you there in X minutes. Just enjoy the relaxing at the bus stop, chat with other guests, take in the scenery, revel in the fact that you're on vacation, take a book, play rock-paper-scissors, count your fingers, or whatever... but don't sit there tapping your foot anxiously awaiting your own personal WDW transportation. You may be disappointed if you do.

Generally speaking, WDW transportation is quite good and regularly scheduled. However -- and this cannot be stressed enough -- WDW transport is NOT an express service. It is a convenience offered to onsite guests. If you want direct and immediate door-to-door service, you either drive yourself or take cab.

Originally posted by wdwfan65
WL is a great resort the only problem is the pool it needs to be more like the Polys pool.

Sorry, I can't help but comment: people people! We have to remember that WDW designs each resort to be DIFFERENT from the other. That's what makes them special and unique. If every resort had the same things, then you'd have a whole bunch of the same resorts. It's important to appreciate the good things at each resort, but not criticize one resort for not being like another. There are pros and cons to all resorts, and so you have to pick your priorities and stay where those important needs will be met.

Ok, time for me to get off my soapbox. Sorry for going on and on and on but I cannot stress enough that your vacation is what you make of it.

Have a great one!

Upvote 0

skiwee

Attitude has nothing to do with the lousy transportation at WL. At least it didn't when I was there. Sine then Disney has changed the transportion so it is better. I am not a go go go person. I love the relaxed atmosphere of WL and it has my favorite lobby of all. I just could not stand sharing the buses and boats with FW all the time. I hear they have changed that for the better sp WL is now back on my list of resorts again. I was never in a hurry to get somewhere but the last thing I wanted was to go in the opposite direction of my final destination. I couldn't understand why WL folks always had to be driven or boated over to the FW campground every time. Many times there wasn't even anyone over there to be picked up. It really was a waste of time. At closing time at MK we waited 2 1/2 hours for a boat. That, to me, was ridiculous. As I said, we are not park commandos. If we go on 3-4 attractions a day, that is a good day for us. Sometimes we just go to the parks and people watch. We have APs so we can just hang out if we like too. We were never miserable on our trip. How can we be when we are at WDW?! I just felt like they could do better and thankfully they felt the same and changed it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom