Wilderness Lodge

Senderella

I think we've *finally* decided on WL. I was wondering what everyone who's been thought about it. What do you love and hate about it? My only hesitation is that it's not on the monorail (which was one of the things we were wanting), but it looks so beautiful and like something we'd really enjoy so it's really calling us like a siren's song! I was on a different board (AOL's Disney board) and everyone was saying how horrible & unreliable the transportation was. We're planning on doing some resort hopping for meals... mainly Chef Mickey's & 1900 are 2 I can think of right off the top of my head that we're dying to try. How hard (or long) is it to try to get to the other resorts and the other parks from WL (especially for something like Chef Mickey's in the morning!!)? Please be brutally honest with your reviews. I want to hear both sides of the coin... the good bad & ugly! Not to mention any sort of info you've got on what I just mentioned (transportation & other resorts & the other parks.. particularly Downtown since on all the maps I've seen it looks to be way over there).

charliez

WL - Can't wait! Tips? Secrets?

We joined the DVC last year when we learned there were still points available at the Villas of WL - based on "common knowledge" and the fact that they weren't advertising it as being available, we had thought they were sold out. (This was before we learned about the resale market, which makes that less of an issue...)

Anyway, we're going for our first trip to our new DVC "home" -- any tips? Any secrets to a great visit? (Aside from just being there...)

I found this WL page over on HiddenMickeys.org, but it hasn't been updated in a while. I fear it's out of date, and and it would appear that the cool WL Hidden Mickey button is no longer available:

WLPin.gif

Looking at that page I mentioned above: Does anyone know if the WL tour is still available? Does anyone have a copy of the HM clue sheet?

Just wondering... either way, we're looking forward to a great time. Can't wait to hear those magic words... "Welcome home!"

Charlie Z

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I've never seen that button. The tour is still available & you can get a sheet with the clues from the desk. My kids love to try & find hidden Mickeys. My nephew found one that wasn't listed. :D

I don't think there are any secrets...just have a great time. The WL (and villas) have such a great atmosphere that just make you want to slow down & enjoy the surroundings. Have a skillet breakfast at the Whispering Canyon for me. :wave:

Upvote 0

swimmom

WL is our favorite resort! :D I love the theming and the music (the Pacific Northwest is also one of our favorite vacation spots). I like WL since it is one of the smallest resorts and it's all in one building. We have never had any problems at check-in or with our room. Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun.

We try never to be in a hurry to get anywhere. We're on vacation and we want to enjoy ourselves. Because of that, I just don't pay any attention to how long we've been waiting for a bus/boat and we make the best of the situation. There have only been a few times that I have felt that we have waited too long for transportation. Just allow yourself plenty of transportation time, just as any of the resorts.

Can't wait to see WL decorated for Christmas this December! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom