Wilderness Lodge

R&RsMom

We are planning a trip in mid to late October and were considering staying at the WL but I have a few questions?

How is the transportation? Our last 2 trips we stayed at the Contemp. and the GF and loved the transportation via monorail. Our children will be 2 and 5 when we go so we will be spending most of our time at the MK.

What is the best standard room to request?

Any mosquito problem? I have heard that this resort is particularly bad for mosquitos.

We had also considered the AKL but thought with two little ones that that resort would be too far since we will spend most of our time at the MK.

Any other suggestions/comments about the WL with young kids?

wishIlivedinWDW

R&R.....I quickly breezed over and did not see a reply to your transportation question. There are two main ways you will get transportation from WL. You can wait out front for the bus. It will take you to EPCOT, MGM, AK, TTC, and MK. Or you can go out back by the pool and take the boat to the MK. Everytime I have gone with my little cousins and/or neice they have let them steer (daylight only) the boat. They had a great time doing so, and with a 5 year old, I am sure they will have no problem doing so for you. If you are bent on Monorails, you can take the bus to TTC or if you really want to burn that last bit of energy coming back from the MK/EPCOT, take the monorail to TTC and walk back. Its not that bad. Or at least a good warm up for the morning. But definately hit Whispering Canyon for whatever meals you are in the area. Its a blast. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by wishIlivedinWDW
R&R.....I quickly breezed over and did not see a reply to your transportation question. There are two main ways you will get transportation from WL. You can wait out front for the bus. It will take you to EPCOT, MGM, AK, TTC, and MK. Or you can go out back by the pool and take the boat to the MK. Everytime I have gone with my little cousins and/or neice they have let them steer (daylight only) the boat. They had a great time doing so, and with a 5 year old, I am sure they will have no problem doing so for you. If you are bent on Monorails, you can take the bus to TTC or if you really want to burn that last bit of energy coming back from the MK/EPCOT, take the monorail to TTC and walk back. Its not that bad. Or at least a good warm up for the morning. But definately hit Whispering Canyon for whatever meals you are in the area. Its a blast. Hope this helped.

Take the launch from the WL to the Contemporary & hit the monorail from there...again covered in our PM exchange. :lol: :wave:

I love this place...ask a question and EVERYONE will help. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

roysta123

Does anyone know where I could find a map of the Wilderness Lodge that has the room numbers on it or at least where the standard rooms are located so I can figure out where I should request a room?

thanks

Upvote 0

roysta123

Thanks Woody13 but I have already been to that site many times. I am trying to figure out where to request a room for my February trip to the WL. I have a standard room but I don't know what to request becasue I don't know where they are located. I have been to the WL many times but I haven't stayed there before. If anyone has stayed in a standard room, could you tell me the room number and where it was located and also what view if any you had?

thanks

Upvote 0

roysta123

Is there an elevator bank on the side of the main lodge building near the food court place? I know that there are the ones in the main lobby but are there other elevators out on the wings?

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

Thanks for that website Woody13. My family stayed at the Wilderness in July for the first time. We're head back at christmas. I found very interesting information on the site, that helps me decide what to ask for.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by tigsmom
Continue down the ramp from the Roarin Forks and on your left is a bank of elevators.

What tigsmom said! :) I'm not an elevator person. I like to stay in shape so I prefer to use the stairs. :D

Upvote 0

roysta123

I've tried calling 407-wdisney, 407-wdwinfo, and the WL front desk but I haven't been able to get any answers. Nobody can answer my question as to where exactly the standard rooms are located.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by roysta123
I've tried calling 407-wdisney, 407-wdwinfo, and the WL front desk but I haven't been able to get any answers. Nobody can answer my question as to where exactly the standard rooms are located.

I would think the desk at the WL would be able to answer your question. :confused:

Upvote 0

Woody13

Aside from the concierge floor (7) and the other higher priced rooms, there are only 3 other types. Standard view is any room that does not face the Lodge/Woods or the Courtyard area. Except that they might make an exception for the second story rooms that suffer the noise problems. I've never had that experience so I don't know. Sorry, but I really can't recall room numbers.

Upvote 0
Roaring Fork?

Wasn't the Roaring Fork a 24Hour snak bar?? The last trip we took, April '03, we got back at 11:58 or so and got there at midnight and they wouldn't let us in to get drinks, they only let people out...was it always like this?

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Ok, I can answer this now, we just got back from a week at VWL (and I mean just, last night at midnight, we all are bummed to be home!) We had friends who stayed t WL and we were not as impressed with their room or acomadations as we were with the Villas. (a trip report will follow when we get some time)

Ok transportation. It was pretty good. The boats to MK run very regually, we almost never had to wait. We also saw some busses to MK, but we never took them. We had much better luck with taking the bus to TTC center and then the monorail to Epcot then a direct bus (we did this a number of times with success.) Being close to MK is great, but you are pretty far away from every where else, I perfer Y&B were you are close to a few resorts. (we had 2 Two year olds with us, so we spent time at MK, but needed to see it all.)

My friend was concerned about mosquitos, but I wasn't. I did get a few bites on my leg, I don't remember getting them, and I was the only one!

I wasn't all that impressed with the food at Wispering Canon, I would of liked more choices for food, but there was a lot close by at the other resorts.

BTW don't you just love it when you get back and there is 20 pages of new posts? It isn't so great to be home, but what are you gonna do. Our trip was great, I will get a report and new pictures out soon.

Mrs. PhD.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom