Wilderness Lodge vs. Dolphin

withasmile

My parents are trying to set up a trip to WDW this summer. July 7 - July 16. It looks like we are staying at the wilderness lodge or the dolphin. we all stayed at each hotel once before. my mom and dad like the dolphin and me and my sister like the wilderness lodge. these are the prices we were able to get:

wilderness lodge - $3480 (w/ water park & more and ultimate hopper pass)
wilderness lodge - $4500 (w/ water park & more, ultimate hopper pass, and dinning package)
dolphin - $3100 (w/ water park & more and ultimate hopper pass)

last year we didnt do the dining b/c the dolphin does do that and we spent $1750 on food and that was for 8 days. this time its for 10 days, and w/ the dining package for my family it will be $1600. if we spend $1600 on food at the dolphin its $200 more..:confused:

what do you think is the better deal?

withasmile

Original Poster
yeah we looked at that offer. we called and they said that they were booked and can not do the offer, but my dad knows a guy and he said he can get us a room.

Upvote 0

WishinUponAStar

I personally would try to convince them to go the WL route. It's so close to the MK and in my honest opinion just has more "Disney Magic" for me. But, that's just my personal opinion, other people seem to like the Swan and Dolphin.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

I'd lean toward's dolphin if you all are big Epcot or MGM buffs. The boat to MGM is very nice and Epcot's back door is very walkable.

Also if you enjoy the restaurants and activities of Disney's Boardwalk, the Dolphin is a compelling destination.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Gotta be WL hands down. The dolphin and swan are not Disney owned, and as crazy as it may seem, it sorta ruins it for me as a Disney nut. WL is just beautiful, and I would take it over ANY Disney property ANY day of the week!

Upvote 0

ArielBelle

I'm one for wildnerness lodge, one of the best themed hotels in Disney and I think Swan and Dolphin are just too much a "normal" hotel for me, it could be smack dab in the middle of New York City...but the WL is just amazing to walk into. Hope that helps and have a great trip, whichever you decide! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Videoteck

ArielBelle said:
I'm one for wildnerness lodge, one of the best themed hotels in Disney and I think Swan and Dolphin are just too much a "normal" hotel for me, it could be smack dab in the middle of New York City...but the WL is just amazing to walk into. Hope that helps and have a great trip, whichever you decide! :sohappy:
I agree i mean think about it which one is better themed...wilderness lodge, for me I think theme is everything, theme is what gives you the Disney experince.

Upvote 0

ArielBelle

Right! I love Disney hotels that are well themed. My parents fave is OKW, but (maybe because I am from Florida) it doesn't seem that special. I LOVE BW..AKL..WL.. the way they carry the theming in hotels like this is amazing..

stay somewhere that makes you feel like you are getting 100% of the disney experience!

Upvote 0

copper

The Dolphin, they have the most comfortable beds ever! This is the best location in WDW. I wasn't a fan of the Wilderness Lodge. Our entire family, WDW veterans, thought the hotel itself was magnificent but we didn't like the location. There is just more to do by the Dolphin.

Upvote 0

Videoteck

Maybe you would be better off staying at contemp. I think that would be good for everybody nice environment its my favorite, I think your parents would like it, and I like the spacey sorta theme.

P.S. STAY AT CONTEMP!!!

Upvote 0

eroyee

wilderness lodge or dolphin

:lol: Wilderness Lodge definitely. its so beautiful and you can ride the boats everywhere and see the Wishes from the magic kingdom. we didnt eat there much, though, except for whispering canyon, which is fun, cause we werent impressed with the regular food offerings. Also, the geyser and you can sit in chairs in front of the huge fireplace and rock! Amazing. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

loriwdunn

Since you've stayed at both, why not try someplace different. AKL is the same cost as WL....or you could try the Swan.

But I would go with WL of the two. I don't care for the decor of Dolphin.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom