Wilderness Lodge vs Contemporary

brisem

Looking for a little help please.

Never stayed at either one of these and lloking to go back in Feb.
Which one is better?

tigsmom

SnowWhite5669 said:
Love them both! Wildnerness Lodge is a little more remote and a bit quieter and very romantic! We've stayed in the main "lobby" which is a little loud but once in your room you can't hear anything. In May we stayed in one of the "wings" with a courtyard view and it was wonderful, especially with the first floor that we could just walk out to the pool. We also used the Monorail or walked to MK by taking the boat over to the Contemporary. It was like the best of both resorts. We have only stayed at a garden wing of the Contemporary which was also nice but not a great location. Small balcony facing a wall! But the room was huge and we had four people and didn't get in each others way. Stay at both!! Problem solved. :)

We stayed in the North Garden wing. We had a hammock on a quiet beach right outside our sliders.

We haven't stayed in a Tower room yet, but I would be willing to go Concierge there. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Scooter

I prefer the Contemporary Resort.

I don't like to be at the mercy of Disney Busses
You can't beat the direct Monorail access.
Shops are better at The Contemporary IMO.
Walking distance to the Magic Kingdom is a plus too.

While some think that the theming of The Contemporary Resort is not that great, I dissagree.
The monorail going through the building is the best theming there is. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

roninbrian

I don't care for the Contemporary much. To me, its never lived up to its name. The only thing it has going for it, in my opinion, is Chef Mickey's.

The Wilderness Lodge is a much nicer/friendlier looking and feeling resort.

Upvote 0
I say stay at the wilderness lodge because the all powering experience of being surrounded by a very well done theme is amazing. I look at the conteporary as an I sore but that is only my opinion. THe monorail is nice at the conteporary but the harsh and cold concrete surroundings doesn't scream "DISNEY" when I go there. THe Restraunts are great at the contemporary but the Wilderness lodge just feels right at home, In Disney that is.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoxMySox

Another thing that doesn't sit well with me are those 10 story high glass walls. I would not want to be in the Contemporary during a hurricane!!

When it rains really hard, WL tends to leak...in the lobby, not in your room!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom