Wilderness Lodge Villa's in May

TXMICKEYFAN

This is the first time we have stayed at a DVC resort. We very excited about staying at the WLV and hoping it is everything we have heard. What are the advantages and\or disadvatages of staying at the DVC resorts?

It depends on how you booked your room at the VWL. If you booked it through Disney, there are a few differences. If you booked through Disney then you will receive housekeeping everyday. If you bought points from someone or are a new owner, then you receive a towel/trash change on the fourth day. You can request housekeeping but at an extra charge.

If you are renting a studio, you will have a refrigerator and microwave. If a one bedroom, a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. That's always nice to have. If you are in a studio, there is no washer/dryer. However, the Villas do have a laundry facility and it is free(except for soap)...I think.....it's been a few years since we stayed there.

Depending on where your room is and when you are going, it is very quiet. We even had noisy neighbors with a very large family and we didn't even notice them unless they were on the patio.

People bag on the location of WL because it is a little removed from everything else. Transportation and dining choices seem to top the list of complaints. We did our research and realized the shortcomings of the resort before we arrived and had a wonderful, relaxing time. We love it there and will stay there again someday.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Make sure you do at least a grocery stop on the way in (or rent a car) Buying milk, ceral, bread lunch meat, snack food (lots of it) water, drinks, and chips can save you couple hundred on your food bill. We really like that option. They do have some food a the resort store, and it is over priced, but still will save you $ in the long run. If you are doing DVC and need more towels, take them from the pool. As I stated in a previous post on another thread, make sure to ask for one with out too much walking. (but even then you are better off then some resorts, and all mod ones.) If you are paying cash it is possible they might give you a free upgrade it they have the room. If you are renting DVC points there is no way. (so sad, one thing I don't like about DVC!)

How many do you have staying in the room and what kind of room? Both a 1 bedroom and a studio only sleeps 4 (5 if one is under 3 and sleeps in the pack and play crib.) The 2 bedrooms will sleep up to 8 and is a one bedroom conected to a studio. The second bed in both rooms is a sleeper sofa. My niece didn't complain about it, but 2 adults might. Personally I like having the sofa, it helps to be able to sit on it and relax during the day, it also takes up less room then a second bed, making the rooms seem bigger. If I had to sleep on it every night I might change my mind. (BTW the only DVC resort that has 2 queens instead is OKW.)

I will agree they are really quiet and well sound proffed. I think the rooms are much nicer then WL, cleaner and bigger.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom