Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness path

Runtinkrun

Does anyone know how long it would take to walk from the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness? I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to make it from the Villas in time for an 8:30am segway tour at Fort Wilderness.. Any guesses? There is a walkway that connects the 2 right?:shrug:

smk

I have never walked it myself but recall reading from others that did that it can take awhile, more than say, 20 minutes. My choice would be the boat that goes to FW from the WL dock. While it may take the same 20 minutes it is pleasant, IMHO.

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

Take the boat, its the easiest for sure. As many times as I have used that boat from WL, I can't remember for the life of me if it takes you to MK first or goes to FtW first once it leaves WL. :veryconfu

I've done the trail several times by bike and its takes about 10 minutes. On foot, probably 20 minutes or more. It's a lot further than you think!

Upvote 0
I have a funny story about that path. I like to walk / jog in the morning. I was staying at WL and thought I would take the path to FW for my daily routine. I had gotten up pretty early to beat the heat and it was still dark out. I took the path in the dark and it was the dumbest thing I think I have ever done. It was veeeeeeery dark on that path and i kept hitting huge spider webs. I had to keep pulling them off my face. I also felt as though I was being followed by a large animal ( my mind was telling me large cat of some sort).

I ended up at FW and after going further found myself near Mickeys Backyard BBQ (i think). It was still dark and I came upon a cast member. I dont think he was very pleased to see me there and he asked what I was doing and if he could help me. I told him I was trying to get back to the path to WL. He kindly told me to turn around and go back towards the stables. :hammer::hammer:

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

DW and I did the walk last month. About a 20-25 minute journey.
There's actually 2 trails. The official one, which starts at the sidewalk in front of the WL bus stop. And the waterside one, which starts out by the boat rental dock out back of the WL. This isn't paved, but is very well kept.(I think the carrage rides use it)

We took the waterside one. The Spanish moss drips off the trees and there are beautiful views looking across Bay lake to the Contemporary. It actually brings you past the old River Country waterpark and drops you backstage at Fort Wilderness. But it's easy to find your way to the main part of FW. You just cut through the employee parking lot. It's an absoulutely gorgeous path. I understand the other path is great as well.

So many visitors to Disney World are in such poor physical condition that a 25 minute walk just for the pleasure of it seems crazy.
But they're really missing out. It's awesome!!!!!:sohappy: We'll do it again for sure!

Upvote 0

Runtinkrun

Original Poster
I have never walked it myself but recall reading from others that did that it can take awhile, more than say, 20 minutes. My choice would be the boat that goes to FW from the WL dock. While it may take the same 20 minutes it is pleasant, IMHO.

I'm all for the walk to get in some extra exercise, but I think my honey won't appreciate having to give up any extra minute of sleep. :p Does the boat from The Lodge to Fort Wilderness run all year round?

Upvote 0

Jimini

I love those boats.

I'm all for the walk to get in some extra exercise, but I think my honey won't appreciate having to give up any extra minute of sleep. :p Does the boat from The Lodge to Fort Wilderness run all year round?

Yes they run all year long. It's Florida ya know.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom