Wilderness Lodge - SERIOUSLY????

ABQ

Hmm, when I tell my GF that she can get a pedicure poolside, she'll jump at the idea. Even more so if she can drink a mimosa from Geyser Point at while getting her feet massaged. Heck, I may join her if that's the case.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
https://dvcinfo.com/disney-vacation-club-announces-start-sales-copper-creek-villas/

It's mentioned about 2/3 of the way down on this page under Resort Enhancements and is followed by the map.
OK, a few things. That is an unofficial site, and he added the "Additional Resort Enhancements" part himself. That is nowhere to be found on the official news release. Now I'm not saying that it isn't happening, but until Disney says so, it's rumor only and may not happen.

And I cannot find it on his map either.

OK, a few things. That is an unofficial site, and he added the "Additional Resort Enhancements" part himself. That is nowhere to be found on the official news release. Now I'm not saying that it isn't happening, but until Disney says so, it's rumor only and may not happen.

And I cannot find it on his map either.
Yeah. We may be an unofficial site too, but I can report that Trout Pass will become Salon by the Springs. You can check out our Facebook page if you have any questions. Thanks. Humphrey.

durangojim

And what changes that DVC made caused the Poly to be worse??
Turning all the wonderful large garden view rooms in Tokelau into studios that look cramped and forcing people who aren't DVC to stay in the older buildings like Rarotonga with hallway ceilings that make me feel claustrophobic.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Turning all the wonderful large garden view rooms in Tokelau into studios that look cramped and forcing people who aren't DVC to stay in the older buildings like Rarotonga with hallway ceilings that make me feel claustrophobic.
Well first off, DVC didn't change the size of the rooms at all. As far as "forcing" people into older buildings, maybe you should petition Disney to renovate the older buildings, as it seems you have the problem. And anyone can reserve a DVC room for cash if there is availability. It is not exclusive to DVC if they have rooms that are not being used.

So here is the standard room:
PolyStdroom.jpg

Here is a DVC room:
PolyDVCStdroom.jpg

The DVC room, while being the exact same square footage, looks more open and airy to me.

KrzyKtty

Well first off, DVC didn't change the size of the rooms at all. As far as "forcing" people into older buildings, maybe you should petition Disney to renovate the older buildings, as it seems you have the problem. And anyone can reserve a DVC room for cash if there is availability. It is not exclusive to DVC if they have rooms that are not being used.

View attachment 199598

Here is a DVC room:
View attachment 199600

The DVC room, while being the exact same square footage, looks more open and airy to me.
I actually prefer the look of the standard room, but maybe that is because of the extra bed? But design wise, I just prefer the lighter and more airy design of the standard room.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I actually prefer the look of the standard room, but maybe that is because of the extra bed? But design wise, I just prefer the lighter and more airy design of the standard room.
The couch pulls out into a queen size bed, and there is a twin pulldown bed in the cabinet under the TV, so it sleeps 5 if needed.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

View attachment 199598

Here is a DVC room:
View attachment 199600

Not to nit-pick, but the area where the bed and sofa are in the DVC room is smaller than the area of the former standard room, due to the addition of the second bathroom in the hallway. So there is more space in the hall/entryway and less space in the main "living" area. I stayed in Tokelau many times prior to the conversion and have seen in-person the room change.

I have to agree with @durangojim on this one. I prefer the larger main room space over a second bathroom (now if the second bathroom had a toilet, my opinion might change. ;))

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Not to nit-pick, but the area where the bed and sofa are in the DVC room is smaller than the area of the former standard room, due to the addition of the second bathroom in the hallway. So there is more space in the hall/entryway and less space in the main "living" area. I stayed in Tokelau many times prior to the conversion and have seen in-person the room change.

I have to agree with @durangojim on this one. I prefer the larger main room space over a second bathroom (now if the second bathroom had a toilet, my opinion might change. ;))
I was, of course, talking about the over-all size of the room, not the individual areas. And we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I much prefer the look of the DVC room, because it looks a bit less like a typical hotel room with 2 queen beds. Just my opinion, and you are certainly not wrong with yours. :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I was, of course, talking about the over-all size of the room, not the individual areas. And we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I much prefer the look of the DVC room, because it looks a bit less like a typical hotel room with 2 queen beds. Just my opinion, and you are certainly not wrong with yours. :D
Agree. :)

durangojim

View attachment 199598

Here is a DVC room:
View attachment 199600

Except that you only have 1 bed there, the couch turns into the second bed, a third bed folds down from under the tv, and the "kitchenette area" takes up more room, reducing the overall room size significantly.

As for petitioning Disney, I have no interest, I let them know their thoughts on my survey but I doubt seriously they can increase ceiling height. I'll stick with staying at the GF or the Yacht and Beach.

One thing that was great was the inexpensive "cabana" rental at the Oasis pool, which came with a free 1/2 hour of water sports!

flyerjab

The first time I went to WDW was 2009. We ventured into the Poly and my wife remarked how it reminded her of a fountain in a shopping mall from the 1970's.

While I will never knock someone's emotional attachment to something from their past, I like the new look of the lobby so much more, especially the globes up by the ceiling. Also, my wife and I really like the DVC rooms better from a design aesthetic. Two bathrooms for a family of five is great!

Also, the new pool small pool area is fantastic, with a nice little QS. At the larger pool, the new kids splash area is one of the nicest out of those additions, and the reworked volcano is way better looking. Let's see, there is also the Dole whip stand, Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, and the deck outside of Sam's - my favorite part of the additions. Sitting out there in the evening with drinks by the water wall, with the music and the GF in the background is so relaxing. We LOVE the Polynesian Village changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom