Wilderness Lodge room suggestions..?

Jon_in_NC

For those of you who have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, do you have suggestions on where to request a room?

We will be on our slightly delayed from March honeymoon. This is my wife's first visit to the World and I had us moved from AKL due to the possible disturbances of construction; didn't want her first trip to be tainted by construction noise. We would like to get a "fairly" quiet room with a view of Bay Lake. I'm thinking this would be the wing closest to the boat launch for the MK? Anyone know the room numbers for that wing/area?

Thanks!!

scole3388

Have you considered staying in a studio in the Villas at WL? The woods view is very nice, you still have access to the main pool in addition to the quiet pool at the Villas. Just a thought .... Congratulations!

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

For those of you who have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, do you have suggestions on where to request a room?

We will be on our slightly delayed from March honeymoon. This is my wife's first visit to the World and I had us moved from AKL due to the possible disturbances of construction; didn't want her first trip to be tainted by construction noise. We would like to get a "fairly" quiet room with a view of Bay Lake. I'm thinking this would be the wing closest to the boat launch for the MK? Anyone know the room numbers for that wing/area?

Thanks!!

We were on the fifth floor with a woods view room and it was very quiet. Ours was 5024, but it's a bunk bed room, not EXACTLY what you want on your honeymoon. :lol: I would think 5th or 6th floor in that wing would give you the quiet you want, as long as the horns from the boat launch wouldn't bother you. We were perfectly fine there, and only heard people talking in the hall from time to time.
The WL is a gorgeous hotel - you both will love it. And congratulations on your marriage! :wave:

Upvote 0

coltow

They do have honeymoon rooms. They are at the tops of the totem poles. We were above the front desk but I would think the other side would have a much better view (lake or even MK) than the woods view we had

Upvote 0

Jon_in_NC

Original Poster
I prefer a courtyard view on either the first floor or the highest floor available.

We were upgraded to a Courtyard View room from the change over. Actually Expedia helped me with that one. We had a standard room at AKL, but the Expedia rep managed to get us in WL with a Courtyard View room, carried our dining plan over, and we got a $70 refund. I don't know how she did it, but I was VERY happy!

I like the idea of being on the higher floors, thanks.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Avoid the lobby first of all if noise bothers you that is what we got when we paid for a standard view with AAA...quite noisy...in fact the honeymoon suites on the club level open to the lobby also and while a bit removed from the Whispering Canyon Cafe chaos of hooting and hollering....outside their doors are the club food tv area for children and a largescreen TV on the other one. Maybe someone who actually stayed in those suites can comment.

We have stayed on the club level...floor 7 the past 2 years and asked for a QUIET room and got one. They overlooked the waterfalls of the courtyard and from our balcony we could see the lake and the water parade. Would be nice for a honeymoon on that level as they have food available for breakfast, snacks, and at dinner time to grab something to take back to your room and desserts and wine later in the evening every night. The dinner food often comes up from the Artists Point restaurant there and is quite good for flexibility of what to do when you are hungry and back at the resort!!! Club level is a bit more private....:lookaroun .....if someone should gift you the presidential or vp suite that would be quite the experience!!!:D We got tours of them and sigh.............thats where the execs hang out when in town.

HAVE FUN

Upvote 0

janni518

Shoot I can't remember our room number,:shrug: but we were on the third (?) floor and we could see the Electrical Water Pageant at night from our balcony which was cool., as we weren't expecting it. It was facing the boat launch obviously, but very quiet the rest of the night.

I would think that Disney would be able to tell you. In the meantime I'll see if I can find out what room we were in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom