Wilderness Lodge Room Ques

eastvillage

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I just booked a quick trip to WDW in May and am staying for the first time at the Wilderness Lodge! I can't wait.

I booked a woods view room and hope to get one with a king bed - can anyone recommend some good rooms numbers for me to request?

Thanks in advance!

The Genii

The Wilderness Lodge is our favorite WDW hotel besides the Beach Club (which we like because of 1. The Cape May Cafe, 2. Stormalong Bay Pool Complex, 3. Beaches and Cream Ice Cream Parlor).

Don't have any room numbers for you, but all the views are pretty good (unlike the Villas at Wilderness Lodge which has a few rooms that look out over dumpsters!)

Upvote 0

Aurora23

You might get further limiting your request. I would just ask for a woods view with a king bed. You already know that you'll be looking at the woods.

But once you get there, you can make your request more specific. What do you want most out of your view?

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I just booked a quick trip to WDW in May and am staying for the first time at the Wilderness Lodge! I can't wait.

I booked a woods view room and hope to get one with a king bed - can anyone recommend some good rooms numbers for me to request?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed in a bunk bed room with a woods view on the fifth floor (can't remember the exact number). We had a view through the trees of the Contemporary, and got to watch a lot of the fireworks at the MK! Our room was in the left wing facing Bay Lake.

Upvote 0

eastvillage

Original Poster
Yay! You all are making me so excited.

Aurora23, I'd love to stay on the side closest to the Contempory and MK (even if I cant see 'em). However, I read a review that someone had problems with the horn noise from the boats every 15 minutes as they reached the dock. Is it really loud?

I guess the only other thing I am worried about is staying above the Whispering Canyon (are the rooms noisy above it?).

Thanks for all your help.

Upvote 0

Aurora23

When I stayed there, we had a room overlooking the courtyard. I never heard anything but people talking loud, slamming doors in the hallway. Otherwise, I love all of the other "noises" from WL. That's what makes it comfortable to me! :lol:

Also, I heard that the rooms directly above WCC are better. The rooms that are across from it would be loud.

I am also going to PM you very soon. Look for it. :wave:

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Ya! You all are making me so excited.

Aurora, I'd love to stay on the side closest to the Contemporary and MK (even if I cant see 'em). However, I read a review that someone had problems with the horn noise from the boats every 15 minutes as they reached the dock. Is it really loud?

I guess the only other thing I am worried about is staying above the Whispering Canyon (are the rooms noisy above it?).

Thanks for all your help.

Woods view rooms are not above the Whispering Canyon Café ~ only standard rooms are so that won't be an issue. Those are the same rooms that could be directly above the resorts receiving area (includes truck traffic). Some woods view rooms are also above this area but many more are further down the north wing.

Last month I had a room that was towards the end of the receiving area in the north wing and it had an unobstructed view of the MK and the fireworks were a nightly ritual to watch. I found it pretty good even though I usually prefer the south wing which overlooks the villas. I don't care for courtyard views at all ~ too busy and noisy for my taste.

If you get towards the farthest end of the north wing, you will likely hear the boats but I don't know how annoying it would be. It's a matter of personal tolerance, I'm sure.

I don't think you will be disapointed in any of the woods view rooms. Have a wonderful time ~ it's a beautiful resort.

Troy
ºoº

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Ask for a room overlooking the otter pond. Some woods view rooms overlook the loading dock which is just ridiculous. You pay for an upgrade and have to listen to and look at trucks all the time? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

justducky78

I believe the room numbers you want to ask for end in 022 - 032. Anything above the 4th floor is good.

We're going in 3 days and will be requesting the same woods view room!
Hope they have something available.

Upvote 0

beez

This was the view from my room. I stayed there this past Jan.

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF0774.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

Nice isn't it???

I loved it!!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Wow...I can't wait til we're there this December!

We aren't too particular about a view, I'm decided to book a standard. I'm just hoping for a king size bed on an upper floor (5th or 6th), that's all I'm really concerned with. We didn't get a king bed when we went on our honeymoon at POFQ so maybe this time around we'll get it! :D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I believe the room numbers you want to ask for end in 022 - 032. Anything above the 4th floor is good.

We're going in 3 days and will be requesting the same woods view room!
Hope they have something available.

Yep, those are MK woods view rooms. We have requested 6032 for our stay in March.

Upvote 0

eastvillage

Original Poster
Thank you justducky78 for the room numbers!

I'd want a non-smoking room. Are there any designated smoking rooms/floors I should avoid?

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom