Wilderness Lodge Resort Room Refurbishment 2020 2021

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
No problem, not trying to be the internet police. Yellowstone has so many lodges, and Old Faithful Inn in a favorite

NO problem…..Old Faithful Inn is one of my favorites too......since I had been to the WL first though, I kept thinking it reminded me of WDW vs the opposite.....Disney captured some of it's magic. Been rocking in chairs in front of fireplace at both! :happy: I was more focused on the photos.....fun to think about.....great escapism!!! ;)

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Ok so this is the bathroom and mirror to left is sliding door to close off the sink area....that's a first.....I think the artwork you see on far right goes through the bathroom wall and can be lit! Neat window!

View attachment 494701
I like the tub area, I hate the sink area.... totally generic. Why couldn't they take that log wall part where the shower head is and extend it to the rest of the bathroom. It looks a little off just being in that one space.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I like the tub area, I hate the sink area.... totally generic. Why couldn't they take that log wall part where the shower head is and extend it to the rest of the bathroom. It looks a little off just being in that one space.

Definitely needs something rustic there....the former area had a tied together twigs light fixture above sink.....and rustic mirror....sigh
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Review - Disney Tourist  Blog

Boulder Ridge got that part better at least....more rustic balance.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney wilderness lodge resort room bathroom vanity sink - Disney Every Day
Yes this was much better themed.....rustic bark edging around both interior and exterior mirror framing and more rustic lodge light fixture.....plus I honestly liked the matte textured leafy wallpaper.....twiggy wood around interior and exterior of mirror frame..... 💕 :happy:

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Wilderness Lodge Reopening June 6, 2021​

WOOHOO at last! SO looking forward to seeing more pics of the newly refurbished rooms and read trip reports......:D. Can't wait to hear Welcome Home again......someday......😍

Disney Resort Hotels Scheduled to Reopen—and Currently Accepting Reservations
We plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. These Disney Resort hotels are currently accepting reservations.

March 22, 2021Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
May 30, 2021Disney’s Beach Club Resort
June 6, 2021Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Summer 2021Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Wilderness Lodge Reopening June 6, 2021​

WOOHOO at last! SO looking forward to seeing more pics of the newly refurbished rooms and read trip reports......:D. Can't wait to hear Welcome Home again......someday......😍

Disney Resort Hotels Scheduled to Reopen—and Currently Accepting Reservations
We plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. These Disney Resort hotels are currently accepting reservations.

March 22, 2021Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
May 30, 2021Disney’s Beach Club Resort
June 6, 2021Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Summer 2021Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Was that announced today?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I read they are down to the last 2 lower floors so should be complete by June. Easier to get work done with no guests!
Wonder if anyone here has booked for the Wilderness Lodge this summer? 🧐:happy:

Cruzin_PA

I read they are down to the last 2 lower floors so should be complete by June. Easier to get work done with no guests!
Wonder if anyone here has booked for the Wilderness Lodge this summer? 🧐:happy:
We will be there the first week of November. Will provide some pictures and a report then as well.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We will be there the first week of November. Will provide some pictures and a report then as well.
Yippee! I will have to live vicariously until my next trip.....hoping COVID is diminished trough all the vaccines rolling out going forward.....I have been there the first week of November!:D The weather was great! I was there during the 2016 election.....intentionally. :p I had never been to Artist's Pointe.....but thinking I want to try Snow White's newer digs....are you planning on going there?:happy:

Honestly, although I was planning my first trip to DLR last year.....and didn't happen due to covid/being shut.....now my mind wants to return to the place that has always been my happy spot....WDW/Wilderness Lodge/ Magic Kingdom FIRST priority.....besides the fact that DLR is opening and for now they will not allow out of state guests.....I will get there someday, but my next must do is to return to WDW. 💕 :cool:

Cruzin_PA

Yippee! I will have to live vicariously until my next trip.....hoping COVID is diminished trough all the vaccines rolling out going forward.....I have been there the first week of November!:D The weather was great! I was there during the 2016 election.....intentionally. :p I had never been to Artist's Pointe.....but thinking I want to try Snow White's newer digs....are you planning on going there?:happy:
We too are hoping that the vaccine will drastically reduce the virus by November. This is actually our 4th time moving our trip, so we are definitely sticking with this one.

I plan to do Artist Pointe if they are open, we have a 7 and 3 year old, with the youngest being his first trip. The food options look good, but not sure on the shared plates with fewer options (since the youngest is sorta picky). But, we may just have to swing by somewhere to get his some chicken strips...haha.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We too are hoping that the vaccine will drastically reduce the virus by November. This is actually our 4th time moving our trip, so we are definitely sticking with this one.

I plan to do Artist Pointe if they are open, we have a 7 and 3 year old, with the youngest being his first trip. The food options look good, but not sure on the shared plates with fewer options (since the youngest is sorta picky). But, we may just have to swing by somewhere to get his some chicken strips...haha.
The Roaring Fork is just down the hallway.....:p 7 is THE perfect age to do the parks.....imho 💕
1616083833225.png

Cruzin_PA

The Roaring Fork is just down the hallway.....:p 7 is THE perfect age to do the parks.....imho 💕
View attachment 540399
Yes, that atmosphere looks amazing, has to be great at night. Will definitely utilized Roaring Fork and possibly Geyser Pointe for snacks and picky eater meals.

My DD who is 7 is really looking foward to going back, and my DS who will be 3 just loves Mickey. Our families are going too, and my mother always wanted to stay at the WL, and its my parents 50th anniversary as well, so this is going to be an amazing trip....:D

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I just saw photos of the King rooms.....now am thinking since the DVC took over the other wing years back, there were not very many KING rooms on the remaining club level side.....but like the look of the King room with two full night stands, looks more balanced. Will have to investigate how many there are now.....since they took out the bunk bed rooms maybe more?!?!:cool: 💕 If it is just DH and I, would like this one. The dresser and nightstands remind me most of the older rooms I loved.

1625329677252.png

And I know this is the way of bedding nowadays, but to me it looks like someone has the bed stripped and hasn't put the bedding on yet.....I like to have the weight too of an additional blanket/quilt. :cool:

@Cruzin_PA Is your next trip still a go?!?!;)

Last edited:
Is FW completely booked for November and December? I understand it is the 50th Anniversary plus the Holiday season but is this normal for FW to be completely booked during those months? Might Disney be holding back on releasing rooms?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom