Wilderness Lodge Question??

FormerCM

We leave for WL in mid Sept. Just got all my stuff and it says it includes 1 queen,2 doubles or bunk beds. Then says you can upgrade to a king for an additional amount.

Anyone know how much that is??

And should I call and request it early since we are taking my mom and need her at least on the same floor.

Also, anyone have a favorite floor or view request??

Know the hotel is awsome but never personally have stayed at this one.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!

tigsmom

Don't know much about your first question. We always get 2 queens. I love to stay in room 6030 (woods view). The rooms 6022-6032 are all nice. Before the trees got too tall you could see the castle and watch the fireworks. We were upgraded this past August because the place was full and couldn't honor our room request. They gave us rm 6158 (2 queens). It overlooked the Villas and the quiet pool. You could also look to the left and see the lake. Very nice.

Don't forget to have a skillet breakfast at the Whispering Canyon (that is anything but!) and ask for ketchup and extra straws! :rolleyes: :wave:

Upvote 0

Snowflake82

I have only been in rooms with 2 queens or 1 king. I know there are rooms with bunks, but I don't know the exact layout. I'm guessing there is 1 queen in a room with bunks? By the way, we have been able to get the king 2 times by requesting it at check-in, but were never asked to pay extra for it.

If your mom will be in separate room and you want her room near yours, make sure to contact WL directly and let them know. Even if you book the two rooms together in one package through WDTC, the fact that the two rooms are related seems to get lost in the transfer of info between WDTC and the hotel, where the room assignments are actually done. (As you can probably guess, we had a problem with this one time.)

Upvote 0

MelBelle

We just got back a week ago from Wilderness Lodge and we stayed in the bunk bed rooms. There was one queen bed on the balcony side of the room and then a bunk bed near the bathroom wall. The room was definetly dimmer as there was only the one light over the queen bed and nothing on the bunk bed side of the room. Oh and in case anyone was wondering the bunk beds slept fine for us, not too short or anything (me-5'5" and boyfriend on bottom bunk, 5'10").

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

We stay here all the time, as it is our favorite place to stay.

The only time we got a King Bed was when they "upgraded" us from a "Standard" view to a "Woods" view one time.
This room also happened to be a Handicap-accessible room with the big walk-in shower and no tub!
It was on the first floor with a nice walk-out patio to a little duck pond. Very peaceful!

It seemed a lot roomier than the other rooms, even though they are the same size. Must have been the layout.

When we go in September, we reserved "Courtyard" views to see if they are anything special.

SNOWFLAKE brings up a good point.....

There is no way Disney could not handle these room requests better than they do. Yes, they are busy. Yes, they handle thousands of room requests a week. But when you go on vacation and spend lots of money, the last thing you shouild have to worry about is whether or not the rest of your party will be staying near you at the resort!

I can't wait to see how they handle our 3 rooms next month. Family traveling together. All would like to be pretty near each other if not connecting. Ideally, I would get a King bed for Mom and Dad, 2 Queens is Ok for my room, and my sister and the kids could actually use a Bunk Room.

What are the odds of me putting all that in writing and getting it at check-in!?!?!?!?

:lol: :( :lookaroun :cry:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

If you need connecting rooms better ask up front. Call to request and follow up with a fax. We were travelling with family.....they were on the first floor near the pool and we were on the 6th floor...opposite side of the hotel.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

I think its like from 10 to 15 dollars per night thats what wwe calculated. The resort is beautiful we just got back. We had a cortyard view and we could see the water parade from our room. Im sure ull enjoy this resort.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

We stayed at WL last March and had 3 rooms right next to each other. The ressies were under the same name, so maybe that is why they put us right next to each other. The funny thing is, we didn't request to be by each other, but it was sure nice.

Have FUN!!!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Ok... this is direct from Disneyworld.com's room reservation page:

Standard View Room
All rooms have two queen-size beds or one queen size bed and bunk beds, table and chairs, writing table, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Standard View Rooms offer a view of other exterior sections of Disney's Wilderness Lodge...

Courtyard View Room
All rooms have two queen-size beds, one queen-size bed and bunk beds, or one king-size bed, table and chairs, writing table, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Courtyard View Rooms offer a view of the pool, a waterfall, or the lake...

So according to that, you'ld need a courtyard view room to get a king size. Also according to the website, the difference in views is $50.

What happened to the woods view? Is that part of the standard view rooms now?

Upvote 0

dmperry134

Wilderness Lodge best view

Staying at Wilderness Lodge this year in November which will be a new experience for us as we have always stayed at POR Riverside which we adore but with all the refurbishment going on we thought it was a good time to try something new.

We want a room with 2 queen beds and a super view ( not looking out onto a car park or the roof of another building). Courtyard views sound fantastic - would this be a "upgrade" and is it best to request this 4 days before you go or rely on asking at check in? I think our travel agent has put "woods view" on the reservation but I assume this can be changed. Does anyone know the price difference for this type of room?

Any good room numbers to ask for? I know I sound very choosy but when you pay so much for a good holiday a poor view could spoil it

Thanks

Dave from Worcestershire UK:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom