Wilderness Lodge or Saratoga Springs

Dave B

Original Poster
So my fellow Disney Peeps, I need some opinions.

We are going for our annual trip to Disney World for Thanksgiving and we are going to do a split stay. We are starting at Caribbean for the first 10 days then switching over. Right now we have a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the last 4 days, we are excited to walk to Disney Springs one night as well as the Jacuzzi bathtub to relax at the end of the day, but we have always wanted to stay at The Wilderness Lodge and rooms just opened up for the time period.

What do you guys think? Tuvalu? I think you just stayed at Wilderness from reading your trip report, I think?

epcotisbest

So my fellow Disney Peeps, I need some opinions.

We are going for our annual trip to Disney World for Thanksgiving and we are going to do a split stay. We are starting at Caribbean for the first 10 days then switching over. Right now we have a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the last 4 days, we are excited to walk to Disney Springs one night as well as the Jacuzzi bathtub to relax at the end of the day, but we have always wanted to stay at The Wilderness Lodge and rooms just opened up for the time period.

What do you guys think? Tuvalu? I think you just stayed at Wilderness from reading your trip report, I think?

While I am not @Tuvalu (she has all the knowledge, I have very little), I do have an opinion. We really like Saratoga Springs. Love the grounds, landscaping, multiple pools, spa, restaurant and yes, the walk (or boat ride) over to Disney Springs.
That being said, we like Wilderness Lodge even more, but for different reasons. I like the overall feel of WL. It seems like more of an escape from the real world. The lobby is amazing, the restaurants are very good (especially WCC, which is tasty and fun) and the pools are good. The old quiet pool is gone and there is a much bigger pool over there now and I am a little bitter about losing my favorite spot at all of WDW, but if you are interested in some quality resort time, WL is a good place to spend resort time.
If you are not going to be spending a lot of time at the resort, and if the price is significantly more for WL, there is nothing at all wrong with SSR. Not sure that helps, but you can't go wrong with either.

KaliSplash

Sounds like you would be happier at SS. I think WL is one of the very best hotels on property and greatly prefer the theme over SS, but if I hoped to visit DS several nights and soak in the hot tub, there's no question where you should be. SS

correcaminos

While I do like WL more than SSR, I think your reasoning for wanting to stay there good and honestly I wouldn't make the change.

Jambo Joe

We have stayed at both several times. Objectively, most people put Wilderness ahead of Saratoga. It is one of the best resorts on property - beautiful grounds, amazing theming, soaring lobby, great pool. Also boat access to MK and the monorail resorts. Depending on when you thanksgiving trip ends - you could be there to see the wonderful Christmas decorations set up.

Saratoga is fine - nice grounds and pools, convenient to Disney Springs and golf but ... very spread out, odd decision to have no internal hallways in the buildings, a bunch of internal bus stops, too much visibility to the considerable parking lots, mediocre food on site. There is a reason that SSR is consistently on the cheap end of deluxe pricing.

Last edited:

slappy magoo

Any other benefits for you to the 1BR? Aside from the hot tub? Like, would you use the in-room washer-dryer? Would you use the kitchen? Is your party big enough that the extra space comes in handy?

And most importantly, are those last 4 days coinciding with Thanksgiving? I ask this because that weekend tends to be amongst the busiest in the parks, so if you're planning on avoiding the parks during those days, and therefore might spend more time in the room, having more space might be important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom