Wilderness Copper Villa vs AKL

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Wilderness Copper Villas vs Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Which would you choose for the 1st week of April? Cost difference is + $40 a night for Copper.

nickys

Premium Member
Can you give some more info?
I assume a studio at Copper Creek, what type of room at AKL?
How many in the room?
What are your plans?

Edit: also is this for 2 weeks time or next year?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Can you give some more info?
I assume a studio at Copper Creek, what type of room at AKL?
How many in the room?
What are your plans?

Edit: also is this for 2 weeks time or next year?
Copper creek - Studio
AKL - Standard Resort View

2 in Room
3 Days Tuesday check in Friday check out
Plans - Extended Hours MK
Plans x 2 - early morning hits parks, late night close parks…. Slow down during days
Plans x 3 - Resort will play minimal into midday plans

This Year 2024 in a few weeks

nickys

Premium Member
If you were planning some resort time I’d say AKL. There are, or were, so many cultural and other activities on offer through the day. That said I haven’t studied the resort activity guide recently - post covid.

This site is fab!

With your plans though I’d probably go for WL. How would you be booking Copper Creek? If direct from Disney then OK. Renting DVC points is almost impossible this close bless there’s a confirmed reservation.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
If you were planning some resort time I’d say AKL. There are, or were, so many cultural and other activities on offer through the day. That said I haven’t studied the resort activity guide recently - post covid.

This site is fab!

With your plans though I’d probably go for WL. How would you be booking Copper Creek? If direct from Disney then OK. Renting DVC points is almost impossible this close bless there’s a confirmed reservation.
Booked direct with Disney

Eric Graham

I'd lean towards Wilderness Copper Villas, what a beautiful national park resort setting. We have stayed there a few times and have really enjoyed it. What a great pool also! So nice also that you can take a boat directly to MK. Whispering Canyon Cafe is also a very fun and whimsical restaurant inside the resort. Also, AKL is very nice but pretty far away from the parks except for AK.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I'd lean towards Wilderness Copper Villas, what a beautiful national park resort setting. We have stayed there a few times and have really enjoyed it. What a great pool also! So nice also that you can take a boat directly to MK. Whispering Canyon Cafe is also a very fun and whimsical restaurant inside the resort. Also, AKL is very nice but pretty far away from the parks except for AK.
Great info

Tell me more about the boat to MK

At Resort
- From Villa to Boat … what kind of walk
- From Villa Parking to boat

Boat itself
- Trip time to MK
- Line at Park Closing (consider Extended Hours as closing)

Eric Graham

Great info

Tell me more about the boat to MK

At Resort
- From Villa to Boat … what kind of walk
- From Villa Parking to boat

Boat itself
- Trip time to MK
- Line at Park Closing (consider Extended Hours as closing)
The boat is a smaller boat (not really that small) across the water. It is smaller than the boats from Yacht/Beach to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It's about a 10-15 minute boat ride. The walk is a short walk down to the shore from the Villa to the boat. It is almost right behind the pool there. I usually don't stay until closing at the parks, so I cannot help with that info sorry. Hope this all helps!

Eric Graham

It's also nice when you stay at Wilderness/Beach/Yacht, you can see the fireworks from your resort. An added bonus for staying at these resorts.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Copper creek - Studio
AKL - Standard Resort View

2 in Room
3 Days Tuesday check in Friday check out
Plans - Extended Hours MK
Plans x 2 - early morning hits parks, late night close parks…. Slow down during days
Plans x 3 - Resort will play minimal into midday plans

This Year 2024 in a few weeks
With your plans and minimal resort time in the middle of the day then I don't think resort differences matter as much so I'd save the +$40/night and do AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom