Wild Artic

Crazydisneyfanluke

Original Poster
I rode Wild arctic the other day and thought it seemed "out dated". the ride was very intense and my niece hurt her neck. I also noticed that the area is dead, no line at all for any attractions in the area.
I got thinking, they should update the ride. Remodel the whole area, and update the riding system.

Does anyone else have a problem with this ride?

Disneyhead'71

It is not only rough, but rickety too. Now that Antarctica is opened I believe there is a plan to take this ride down for a major redo.

Bairstow

Hopefully a refurb would only focus on the lame motion simulator.
The actual exhibit area after it is awesome, and I love the concept of the research station being built amidst the wrecked ship.
What was it anyway, HMS Erebus?

Graham9

I find the ride tedious. I always go for the non-ride show and use that time to check my cameras etc. There was this one time when we were allowed to bypass the show completely and go straight to the exhibit. Why are people forced to endure this when all they want is to see the animals?

Bairstow

I find the ride tedious. I always go for the non-ride show and use that time to check my cameras etc. There was this one time when we were allowed to bypass the show completely and go straight to the exhibit. Why are people forced to endure this when all they want is to see the animals?

The last time we went we throught we were bypassing the ride but they made us sit through the non-motion show as well, watching the same video/audio as the motion simulator while sitting on benches, which was so lame it was kind of interesting.

I can only imagine this is done for crowd control, to keep people flooding the attraction right after the killer whale show, but the exhibit was hardly crowded when we were there.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Original Poster
They usually transform Wild arctic in the winter to the polar express, the ride is a lot more enjoyable, not as intense. This is the only time i see a line for the ride, other than that, the area is empty. They should re-theme the whole area, it is tucked away in a corner to do so. Just like they did with the penguins.

Bairstow

They had that Polar Express program at Dollywood 2 years ago for Christmas, though the simulators they were using it in were "Movieriders" similar to what was/is used for the Hanna Barbara/Jimmy Neutron/Despicable Me thing at Universal.

It was super-glitchy when I saw it, though, like the ride was having trouble reading the disc.

Nemo14

FLSeptember part 1 162.JPG

There was one last Thursday (the 12th)...

Last edited:

drew81

Anyone have guesses what they will put in that exhibit?

Obviously, they will try to get another polar bear but that's going to be a hard thing to pull off.

afar28

That's so sad. Hopefully they can get a new one soon.
For the simulator, I find it annoying you have to sit through it. I'm not the biggest fan of motion simulators either, and the movie without the motion is just lame and boring

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom