Wild Arctic

AndyP

I've done it, and unless I'm getting my names mixed up its a simulator type ride, not bad, but certainly not the best in Florida. If its not that the only other thing i can think of is the walk through with the polar bears and stuff, can't think of anything else! CHeck the seaworld orlando website, there is a map of the park there with a full list of current attractions!

xfkirsten

I have, many times! :D We have the same attraction over here on the left coast. Yes, it is a simulator ride through the Arctic - and I agree, not a good one, really. After the simulator are the animal exhibits, which is the cool part. Belugas, polar bears, and walruses... and maybe harbor seals too, but I can't remember if they have them in Florida. I always just skipped the simulator part and went into the attraction. A lot of times if you go thrugh the "non motion" side and ask when you get up they're, they'll let you just walk through the video room into the exhibits, without watching the film. Nowadays, I even just walk in through the exit gift shop and go backwards... :lookaroun

-Kirsten

DCA Fan

Haha yeah I walk through the exit about 25% of the time....the animal part is really excellent, great detail in themeing, but some of the theme elements were showing a little wear and tear last time I went.

Oh, a new, more exciting film would be nice :D

xfkirsten

Originally posted by DCA Fan
Haha yeah I walk through the exit about 25% of the time....the animal part is really excellent, great detail in themeing, but some of the theme elements were showing a little wear and tear last time I went.

Oh, a new, more exciting film would be nice :D

Yup, I agree on the wear and tear. The polar bear cam hasn't been worknig for ages, and a lot of the "gear' is really collecting dust. Still love the ice wall, though. But I'm easily amused. :lol:

-Kirsten

speck76

Originally posted by xfkirsten
I have, many times! :D We have the same attraction over here on the left coast. Yes, it is a simulator ride through the Arctic - and I agree, not a good one, really. After the simulator are the animal exhibits, which is the cool part. Belugas, polar bears, and walruses... and maybe harbor seals too, but I can't remember if they have them in Florida. I always just skipped the simulator part and went into the attraction. A lot of times if you go thrugh the "non motion" side and ask when you get up they're, they'll let you just walk through the video room into the exhibits, without watching the film. Nowadays, I even just walk in through the exit gift shop and go backwards... :lookaroun
-Kirsten

The last few times I have done the simulator, it has stopped about 1/2 way through, and nobody at the park ever says anything about it. I love the animal exhibit, and it is also a great place to cool off. The do have 1 or 2 small seals in with the Beluga whales. (I heard that Beluga whales have some of the worst breath of any animal)

I would suggest that if the simulator has a long line, and you don't really care if you see it or not, either go through the non-motion side, or walk up the exit, which is inside the gift shop.

Coronado

The ice wall is gone now too! The whole place is getting a little old.... not enough entertainment like Bush Gardens... Not enough coasters.... the cirque is gone.... hope that they improve the place before it goes the way of Circus World and Cypress Gardens

speck76

Originally posted by Coronado
The ice wall is gone now too! The whole place is getting a little old.... not enough entertainment like Bush Gardens... Not enough coasters.... the cirque is gone.... hope that they improve the place before it goes the way of Circus World and Cypress Gardens

Boardwalk and Baseball (Circus World) only closed because AB purchased it (along with the SeaWorlds) and it was competition for Busch Gardens.

The Cirque de la Mer is gone, but it was replaced by another show, which is similar but better.

SeaWorld is adding what should be the best firework show they have ever had, it begins this summer.

I like the direction SeaWorld is going. They spent the last few years adding infrastructure (The Waterfront, the new restaurants in TotD and near Shamu, and the new convention area) which although not as exciting as a rollercoaster, really helps to improve the overall park.

Figment1986

Originally posted by speck76
The Cirque de la Mer is gone, but it was replaced by another show, which is similar but better.

SeaWorld is adding what should be the best firework show they have ever had, it begins this summer.

I like the direction SeaWorld is going. They spent the last few years adding infrastructure (The Waterfront, the new restaurants in TotD and near Shamu, and the new convention area) which although not as exciting as a rollercoaster, really helps to improve the overall park.

What was the Cirque de la Mer?? (I only been to that park every so often when i was in the area.....)

I am planning on trying to get over to the area for this fireworks show....

(I remember last year's it was ok, and it featured jupiter...)

:D :D

The_CEO

Originally posted by Cresh69
Has anyone done the Wild Arctic at Sea World? Is it a ride or what exactly is it? Thanks!

You get placed in a box, rattled around for 3 minutes and then they stop shaking you, exit and view the cute Polar Bears.

AndyP

Re: Re: Wild Arctic

Originally posted by The_CEO
You get placed in a box, rattled around for 3 minutes and then they stop shaking you, exit and view the cute Polar Bears.

Perfect description almost, you might have to wait a while for this privelage too!

xfkirsten

saltmom1 said:
NO whale has "fresh breath". And if you ever get that exhalation on your camera lens you are in trouble !

I beg to differ on the camera lens. :) I've gotten it on a lens many times at Rocky Point Preserve here when the dolphins surfaced right in front of me many times before and never had a problem. :)

-Kirsten

Lexxweb

You enter a helicopter thats going to take you to Base Station Wild Arctic, the helicopter ride is just like Body Wars at EPCOT or like Star Tours at MGM-Studios. You look at a screen and your seats move in-sync with the film.
Its loads of fun. Afterwards you enter Base Station Wild Arctic and you can see polar bears and all sort of creatures that live in the arcitc. Very well themed. Make sure to do this attraction no matter what!

:cool: Lexxweb

CAPTAIN HOOK

May I suggest skipping Wild Artic - SeaWorld do 3 "behind the scenes" tours, one of which includes the animals of Wild Artic where you can get up close and personal with seals, penguin petting etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom