Wild animals at Walt Disney World

Goofyernmost

Wabbit in Canada:

li91j.jpg

Silly Wabbit! WDW is for kids (and grown-ups)!

I don't really pay much attention to the animals, especially the ones that you find everywhere in the south. The birds, squirrels, chipmunks, turtles, lizards, etc. I do watch for snakes. I'm not afraid of them but I don't like surprises. I was leaning on the railing in the small sitting area to the right front of the castle waiting for the fireworks to start and was starring down into the River of America (I think that's what it's called there) and saw a literal parade of water snakes just casually swimming along. Also waiting for the fireworks, I guess!

bigorangeandy

We were at AK and had just finished the MJT and were back in Asia and had a snake go from one side of the walk way to the other. The snake was maybe 2 feet or a little shorter and was trying to get away from all the people. The one guy pushing the stroller was trying to find the snake, but he was moving and looking and almost stepping on the snake several times. I've also seen loads of alligators, I usually try to spot them when riding the monorail between the TTC and Epcot.

Ronnie

When me and my family stayed it was awesome seeing the little lizards all over , it was also different see big dome screen thing so the aligators couldent get in:)

luv

A bunch of cranes (sandhill) yelled at me when I opened the front door and stepped out to sweep that area. They also started walking toward me. They weren't scared off, but ready to attack.

Ducks are all over the place. Not your cute or pretty ducks, but but ugly ducks that are the size of geese and have the of turkeys. Their heads are bright red with leprosy-looking stuff all over them.

Never seen a croc (except on the news), but I have had it with fowl. ;)

PUSH

At WDW I've seen a gator in the river around TSI, all the different species of birds that are everywhere in the parks, lizards, tree frogs that decided it was a good idea to jump out of the trees and into my mom's hair...

NiarrNDisney

Besides the Voltures, ducks, rabbits, deer, fish and lizards I have also seen
One year I believe it was sometime in June I saw hundreds of Locus outside Shades of Green, I have seen a few different types of turtles in Lago Darado at CSR, just recently I saw a little possum in DTD and a armadillo outside of our room.

Also I was visiting my folks who at the time lived in Cocoa Beach and from their balcony which overlooks the Banana River I was lucky enough to see dolphins, manatee, and lots pelicans on a day to day basis.

~edit~ Oh plus tons of ferral cats and a couple peacocks whic i later found out were privatley owned at one time but escaped or were displaced at some point and now make up a small wild population in Cocao Beach

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom