Wifi issues in park today

DisneyMomD

Original Poster
Was in Epcot today and could not get my iPod to connect to the wifi. It said it was connected, but nothing would ever load. I hope this deism 't repeat tomorrow at MK, any ideas? It works at my resort (AoA) and Downtown Disney.

Clamman73

Was in Epcot today and could not get my iPod to connect to the wifi. It said it was connected, but nothing would ever load. I hope this deism 't repeat tomorrow at MK, any ideas? It works at my resort (AoA) and Downtown Disney.
Last fall I had to restart my Touch to get it to connect in the park (especially Epcot).

llrain

it was the same old story in April all week..At Epcot too..During the less peak crowds that could be connected.
Disney is the only company I know that gives crap product and almost fixes nothing and keeps us all going back time and time again.
Im sure when I go back in October they will still be tooting the same story as to why nothing has improved like they said in April..All we ever got from anyone was "Well its a new system so it needs time to work things out"..Hum April 2014 and they began developing this like 2 years ago and had been testing it on the public for what, almost a year.
Hopefully this will be addressed as soon as possible.

Matt_Black

it was the same old story in April all week..At Epcot too..During the less peak crowds that could be connected.
Disney is the only company I know that gives crap product and almost fixes nothing and keeps us all going back time and time again.
Im sure when I go back in October they will still be tooting the same story as to why nothing has improved like they said in April..All we ever got from anyone was "Well its a new system so it needs time to work things out"..Hum April 2014 and they began developing this like 2 years ago and had been testing it on the public for what, almost a year.

News flash- wifi can be buggy ANYWHERE. I can't tell you how many times I've suddenly lost a signal for no apparent reason. Now, combine that with thousands or more potential users and an area that's roughly the size of San Francisco, and I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack on this one.

llrain

newsflash...100% uptime at home wifi..if you speak of a business environment 100% uptime there too..thats wifi too..not as many employees as disney wouldbhave but still total uptime

News flash- wifi can be buggy ANYWHERE. I can't tell you how many times I've suddenly lost a signal for no apparent reason. Now, combine that with thousands or more potential users and an area that's roughly the size of San Francisco, and I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack on this one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, it's a system they advertise you to use. It's is a system they want you to use. It is to replace a previous worked-as-intended system. It is a system many have to use. It is touted as convenient. Its a vacation resort where they know how many people to expect to be using it at any time of the year.

The onus is on them to deliver on their promise.

Matt_Black

newsflash...100% uptime at home wifi..if you speak of a business environment 100% uptime there too..thats wifi too..

Maybe where YOU live and work, in which case good for you. I'm betting neither your home nor place of work is twice the size of Manhattan.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe where YOU live and work, in which case good for you. I'm betting neither your home nor place of work is twice the size of Manhattan.
An neither is the intended wifi coverage area.

I'm sure it will improve. It has too.

Just a shame it wasn't ready for use. Like Gringotts.

mikeh

I was in Epcot during the evening and had no problems connecting with my phone. Could be the iPod. If the issue persists today then turn it off/on or have it "forget" the network if you have it saved

wendysue

I must have seen all of you at the parks.....you were the ones sitting, walking, standing --staring at your phones. Did ya notice all the fun things to see and do? Oh wait, I'll bet you have alot of pictures. :rolleyes::confused:

BaconPancakes

It's the middle of peak season. There's probably a TON of people on the network in the parks using the MDE app.
That's not an excuse though. If they wanted to have people use their phones to use MDE then they should have a network that is able to sustain it. Chalk it up to another failure for MyMagic+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom