WiFi in the parks? Decent iPad apps?

Rose&Crowner

Original Poster
Sorry if there's another thread about this but I couldn't find the search feature and I'm new around these here parts.

Does anyone know if WiFi is offered throughout the parks?

We're going down next week and I was curious to see if they offered it in any of them. :sohappy:

Also, can anyone recommend some good WDW apps for the iPad? I have one or two but I wanted to see if there is a "holy grail" of apps that I need...

THanks!!

Brandon.

I don't think wifi is offered anywhere besides some of the resort lobbies, if anyone else knows of more places I'd love to hear as well

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
To all intents there is no accessible WiFi anywhere in the parks. Some Resorts [the Convention Resorts] have paid WiFi available at $9.95/24hours.

If you have a 3G-enabled iPad you're good anywhere in the parks, but not WiFi.

wagnerdanp

I was able to connect to a wifi in Epcot near innoventions via my Ipod Touch. I believe it was innoventions west. The wifi was free and there was no password. Just connect as usual. I am having a hard time remembering what the name of the network was.

The last time I connected was in early December of 2010

Mikester71

I was able to connect to a wifi in Epcot near innoventions via my Ipod Touch. I believe it was innoventions west. The wifi was free and there was no password. Just connect as usual. I am having a hard time remembering what the name of the network was.

The last time I connected was in early December of 2010

Good to know...will have to give it a try with my iPhone when we go down in March! Thanks :wave:

Bravo 229

Sorry if there's another thread about this but I couldn't find the search feature and I'm new around these here parts.

Does anyone know if WiFi is offered throughout the parks?

We're going down next week and I was curious to see if they offered it in any of them. :sohappy:

Also, can anyone recommend some good WDW apps for the iPad? I have one or two but I wanted to see if there is a "holy grail" of apps that I need...

THanks!!

I've got WDW Maps on my iPad and it offers a map of each park with wait times posted at each attraction. I'm not sure how accurate the wait times are, but it is easy to navigate and for the FREE price its worth the download.

RonAnnArbor

I use the TouringPlans app -- it is very accurate.

There is no wifi anywhere at WDW that has public access, except in a few of the hotel lobbies.

At times, people pick up personal wifi from people walking around the park -- there are no free wifi spots anywhere in the World that are provided by disney.

Lots of people have those MiFi's though -- and if they are using them in the park and have not set a password, you can pick one up. Sometimes you get lucky and someone in the room next to you has a mifi and hasn't set a password -- or on the boardwalk, or at the beach, or near innovations.

Just another heads up -- 3G doesn't work everywhere in the park either -- especially if you have a room facing the water view in the resorts away from the main administration building, for example....At POFQ, there is little to no 3G signal in Building 7 for example -- if you need a good phone signal then make sure you ask for a room that has good phone reception. They know the dead zones when you check in. You will also find that 3G does not work well at the back of Epcot around the US, German, French pavilions...

High Tech for customers is an area that WDW is sorely lacking -- although you will find that they do provided a locked WiFi signal for all of their employees throughout the parks.

RyanS

You can get free wi-fi in the sitting area next to IBM Runtime/Smarter Planet in Innoventions West at Epcot. It's a nice little non-advertised complementary service provided by IBM.

Also, that locked wi-fi signal you find everywhere is not for cast members, at least not your average front line cast members. The password to that connection is different wherever you pick it up and changes every day. It's intended for the many conferences, VIPs, etc. that may need access.

Rose&Crowner

Original Poster
All very helpful, thanks! Looks like I'm borrowing my brother in laws airport express for the trip and charging the cost of the rooms wifi per day, around ten dollars to the wife's company...

scottnj1966

Sorry. Disney has no open or free wifi available anywhere in the parks or resort.
Most rooms have network cabled access and it cost 9.95 a day
Disney is was behind in communication. One day.

I'm staying at the saratoga springs resort this week. I've been using my 3G att phone. Att is slow here.
I'm at the contemporary as I type this hoping this message sends.

Mikester71

Major thread bump here, I know, but just wanted to let everyone know that the best spot I found for getting free wifi with a pretty strong signal on our recent 10 day WDW trip (just got back last week) was behind Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. Right when you enter from the Marketplace entrance after getting off the resort bus, behind the Happy Holidays display seems to be the strongest. My son and I stumbled across it on our iTouch and iPhone while waiting for our bus back to Pop one night. Of course after discovering this, many a trip back to Downtown Disney ensued so that my son, daughter and myself could all check in with the outside world. :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom