Wife, Me, & 6 year old triplets

From78To83

Looking for a place to stay on Resort property in Sept./Oct. where we can all be in one room. Would like the Carribean Beach Resort. Are they sticklers for the 4 to a room, even if three are 6 years old?? Thanks for any input

PixiePower

CBR is out unless you get 2 connecting rooms. The only moderate resort is Port Orleans Riverside(POR) in the alligator bayou (AB) section that you will be able to stay in one room. It has 2 full beds and a small trundle. Not my choice with 3 girls that age!

You cannot stay in values in one room. 4 only plus 1 baby allowed. Need to get 2 connecting rooms.

Other choices are a cabin at Fort Wilderness, a Deluxe Savannah room at Animal Kingdom lodge, any of the monorail resorts have a daybed so you can sleep 5 there. I know the other deluxe hotels have room for 5 but I am not familiar with them.

My personal choice is 2 connecting rooms...can't beat 2 bathrooms while everyone is getting ready and the kids can have one room to go to sleep earlier and you and your wife get some time alone.

Have fun planning!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
From78To83 said:
Looking for a place to stay on Resort property in Sept./Oct. where we can all be in one room. Would like the Carribean Beach Resort. Are they sticklers for the 4 to a room, even if three are 6 years old?? Thanks for any input

They are definate sticklers.
I think Pixie power covered most of the bases. I would strongly suggest Port Orleans Riverside so that you do not have the added expense of another room. For the money you would spend on the second room, you could stay at one of the cheaper deluxes.
If you need help with this, please contact me.

Pam

Upvote 0

PixiePower

I have to respectfully disagree with Pam. I can't imagine spending any length of time in a room at POR with 3 6 year old girls ( I have 6 and 8 year old, both girls). With all your luggage and their excitement...you will feel like you are in a closet. I was going to attempt this on an upcoming trip with my best friend and her 7 year old daughter until I stayed at French Quarter for a long weekend with 2 adults/2 kids in the room. I would only do it with 5 for a very short, max 2 nights time.

As for the cost, I guess it depends on if you are eligible for any special discount rates. In researching for my upcoming trip (with FL res or AP disct.) I found 2 values to be the cheapest at 176/night (includes 1 fridge and tax) cabin next at 199/night, 2 moderates came in at 244/night.

As for deluxes Wilderness Lodge can't accomodate 5 or so I was told. AKL you have to get a deluxe room which came to 317/night. GF was 327/night. Poly and CR were in that same ballpark. With these rooms you get less space, 1 room, someone sleeps in a daybed, only one bathroom. I have yet to see the plus to paying the extra $$ for that over 2 values or moderates.

I know others on the board have different experiances and I am sure they will weigh in. It all comes down to personal preference and how you like to spend $$. We spend little time in the resort and would rather have the $$ we would spend to upgrade to a deluxe room to spend in the park or or future trips.

When trying to decide where to stay this next trip I realized that if we stayed at 2 values instead of AKL, I would save the cost of my annual passes for me and my girls for next year! So all I did was downgrade to a hotel the kids LOVE and put that $$ aside for June when it is time to renew. Nice bonus in that account!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I’m kind of in the same boat you are. I don’t have triplets but I do have 3 girls (4, 11 and 13). Pretty much what Pam and PixyPower have said is correct. What we have found is without discounts 2 connecting rooms at a value is the best way to go. Under normal circumstances 2 rooms will run about $160 or less per night. Now if you can get AP or Fl residents discount you can get a room at the Contemporary for about the same price and the rooms at the Contemporary are the largest standard rooms on property, not to mention that it is a fabulous resort. We have stayed at AKL, which is our favorite resort on property, and the rooms can be a little cramp with 5 people. The AP rate at AKL is slightly higher than the Contemporary. Another option is the cabins at WL. We have not stayed there as of yet but is looks like a great rate for the amount of space you get.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Many choices - just depends on how much you're willing to spend! Connecting rooms at a value resort is probably your best bet if you have a limited budget and you want the benefits of staying on site. If you have a larger budget, maybe go with the Polynesian (2 beds and a fold out couch).

Also, I'm not sure, but i'm guessing if you squeezed 5 people into a 4 person room then only 4 of you would get the benefits of Extra Magic Hour and such.

Personally, if I had a 5th person in my family and I didn't have a huge budget I'd stay off site and get a big suite somewhere with a kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and a living room. 5 people cramped into 1 hotel room just doesn't sound pleasant. We had 2 adults and 2 toddlers when we stayed at Pop Century last year and we felt like sardines in our room! If I had three 6 year olds I'd stay here: http://www.nickhotel.com (I've stayed there before when it wasn't Nick Hotel yet and it was awesome. I'm sure its even better now). The themed kids room has 3 beds, perfect for triplets! And this hotel is extremely convenient to Disney (you can practically see the entrance from there).

Upvote 0

GenerationX

If I were in your position, I'd stay at the Contemporary. It's one of the cheaper Deluxe resorts, sleeps 5 in many rooms, is walking distance to the MK (where you'll be spending a lot of time), has a large arcade geared towards younger kids, and is the home of Chef Mickey's.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I agree with Laura22. Nickelodean family suites are a good choice. I do have guests booked there for this winter.

Where you stay depends upon how much you would like to spend in the end. I crunch numbers all the time for my clients. There are other ways to save besides being an AP holder or a FL resident.

I do have quite a few clients with a family of 5 who prefer to stay at Riverside because not only can you save with a trundle bed, (which there is no extra charge for) but there are quite a few things that get a thumbs up from the kids from the food court to the playground, to the many pools and the game room.

Like I said before, if you would like my help please contact me and we will find the perfect solution.

Pam :wave:

Upvote 0

Jodi's Dad

Last March me and my wife took a 6 year old and twin 5 year olds. We stayed at POR and loved it. On the way to the Buses me and the three girls looked for lizards. It was a great way to pass the time even at the bus stop. Great pool too. Good Luck and God Bless.

Upvote 0

Christina

Stay at the Fort Wilderness Lodge Cabins or simply book two rooms. I myself am a triplet and I remember how my parents would try to cram us all in one room until we were about ten, and how frusterated they got with us. Wherever you stay, I'm sure you'll have fun but its just that space is quite important to everyone. :wave:

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Kingdom Konsultant said:
Like I said before, if you would like my help please contact me and we will find the perfect solution.

Pam :wave:

Just a note...we are using Pam for our trip this December. She has been great, handling arrangements for three seperate groups arriving at three seperate times. We have changed our arrival date a couple of times (we joined DVC, etc...) and she has happily changed our resies each time. She is doing a great job for us........ :D

Upvote 0

fjm777

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in Dec with Me, my wife, and three kids (11,8,4). It was a little cramped but we spent 95% of our awake time in the parks so we really didn't mind.

We are going to stay there this month (May) too.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've done 5 in a room there and we didn't mind it at all. We spent most of our time in the parks also and when it came to sleeping, we just pulled out the trundle and that was it. And back then you had to pay for the trundle, now you do not.

Pam

Thank you hakunamatata! By the way, I ordered your tickets for MVMCP

Upvote 0

pluto77

Fort Wilderness cabins are nice, there made for 6 people so there pretty much perfect size for you. There not very expensive either compared to the other home away from home resorts (I think there considered home away from home...). That's just my 2 cents though, everyone else has good ideas too.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I was going to chime in with suggesting a one-bedroom at a DVC resort. The kids would sleep on a pull out couch, but they'd have their own room and so would you! There is also a second love seat which would be plenty big for a 6YO. And also, the bathroom is great. One room has a sink, shower and toilet, while separated by a locking door is a whirlpool bath and another sink. Plus there's the washer dryer and kitchen, which means you don't have to pack as many clothes, and you can fix snacks or meals, whichever you feel froggy to do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom