Pre-Trip Wife and daughters' girls weekend, my WDW solo trip

My daughters have a long weekend at the end of October. My wife mentioned meeting up with one of her friends, her friend's mom and niece. It was going to be 9 women and me. That sounded more like a girls weekend to me, and felt like the perfect time for a solo trip to the world. I really enjoy going with my daughters, but we definitely avoid overdoing it. I have done a few single days on my own and it's fun to see how much I can do. I was going to do a trip like this a few weeks ago, but scheduling of my wife's trip then moved into a leave Saturday morning, come back Sunday. That didn't give me enough time to sneak to Orlando, activate my annual pass and have some fun. We had passes for three years, but the past year have done a lot of non-WDW travel, including a cruise on the Dream. Almost immediately after our passes expired, I was itching to get them again. We have a longer family trip planned before Thanksgiving and also plan for the full week of spring break, so annual passes justified again. No big deal if I get mine a month early, right?

Not too much planned yet, but as the FP selection time comes, I wanted to know what parks I'd shoot for.

Thursday
I'm getting in Thursday night, staying at All Star Sports. Just checked now and found that there aren't in-room coffee makers, so it'll be early mornings at the food court to get started. A good number of my trips have been just me and my daughters (7 & 10), so the in-room coffee maker is a must for those trips. I'm glad that they are in Pop for our trip before Thanksgiving.

Friday
I'm planning on taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom in the morning for EMH. Monorail to Epcot for a late food & wine lunch. Pick up the pass holder magnet. Walk to Hollywood Studios for single-ridering Rock-n-Roller coaster, Tower of Terror, maybe some Toy Story Land and my first time seeing Fantasmic. Walk back to Epcot for Illuminations and some more food & wine snacks. Bus back to hotel.

Saturday
Drive to EMH at Animal Kingdom, rope drop Flight of Passage and single-rider Everest. Lunch at Epcot again at food & wine kiosks. Some flex time in the afternoon. In the evening, I'll head to the Magic Kingdom for Happily Ever After. The last time we were at MK, my kids ran out of gas about 15 minutes before the show. Given how crazy exiting the park can be, we left and watched the fireworks from the monorail. On my own, I'm fine with the crowd and it taking forever to exit the park, so it's a good time to see this.

Sunday
I'm going to shoot for Flight of Passage fast passes this day. I might not get them until the afternoon, so I would do DHS that morning, maybe rope-dropping for Slinky Dog Dash. From either of those parks that evening, I'd hit I-4 and head home.

I'll update with more detail after I get my fast passes.

winstongator

Original Poster
Made my fast passes this morning:

Friday: Magic Kingdom: Big Thunder @9, Space Mountain @10, Haunted Mansion @11:30
Saturday: Epcot: Mission Space @10, Soarin @11, Spaceship Earth @12
Sunday: Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur @11:30, Everest @1, Flight of Passage @2

The big one I wanted was the Flight of Passage Sunday and got it and about the best time I could hope for. I got the ones I wanted at around the times I wanted, so not too much to change in the plan! Now it's a long two months to wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom