News Widespread wireless outage hits AT&T customers at Walt Disney World

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some on Facebook were questioning why this was even posted. "Click bait" was one response. I wanted to reach through the screen and punch both. And they once again proved my general belief - People are stupid.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
original-nokia-3310.jpg

My Nokia is so reliable it doesn't even need cellular service to work.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The thread title is a little bit misleading in that the outage is nationwide, impacting all AT&T customers no matter where they are. The title leads one to believe the outage is only affecting Disney World which is clearly only a small part of the story. Something like 'Nationwide AT&T outage is also impacting Walt Disney World' might be a little more accurate.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The thread title is a little bit misleading in that the outage is nationwide, impacting all AT&T customers no matter where they are. The title leads one to believe the outage is only affecting Disney World which is clearly only a small part of the story. Something like 'Nationwide AT&T outage is also impacting Walt Disney World' might be a little more accurate.
I don't believe it was impacting all AT&T customers, but it was certainly impacting WDW, which is all I could report on.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I don't believe it was impacting all AT&T customers, but it was certainly impacting WDW, which is all I could report on.
It was impacting 10’s of thousands of customers across the entire nation, not just WDW.

And it seems to be coming back on line in central Florida now.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It looks to have been limited to AT&T's network. Which is unlike the assertation post from 9am which stated that three carriers were impacted.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It was impacting 10’s of thousands of customers across the entire nation, not just WDW.

I was referring to where you said "impacting all AT&T customers no matter where they are"

That is not accurate, it was only a relatively small number of AT&Ts users, albeit in the tens of thousand. But what I could say for certain was that it was out at WDW, which is what I reported on.

Fido Chuckwagon

Since this outage started in the early morning hours, it stands to reason that plenty of guests on AT&T wanted to get into the Guardians or TRON VQ and couldn't. That alone is a major guest dissatisfier, and of course, only scratches the surface of guest impacts.
I mean, there's a finite number of VQ's though (and it sells out in seconds). For every guest that **couldn't** get into it because of the AT&T outage there's a corresponding verizon/wifi user who **could** get into it because of the outage, so I'd say in this case it's a wash.

Fido Chuckwagon

That "tens of thousands" number was based off of like one website (downdetector) and was just repeated ad nauseam by every media organization. I am confident the true number was many orders of magnitude greater than "tens of thousands" given that every person I know who has AT&T everywhere was effected today.

Lilofan

That "tens of thousands" number was based off of like one website (downdetector) and was just repeated ad nauseam by every media organization. I am confident the true number was many orders of magnitude greater than "tens of thousands" given that every person I know who has AT&T everywhere was effected today.
Knew of some in several states along with me that were in the outage. Not thousands but possibly millions affected but that would not be good PR for AT&T.

I was referring to where you said "impacting all AT&T customers no matter where they are"

That is not accurate, it was only a relatively small number of AT&Ts users, albeit in the tens of thousand. But what I could say for certain was that it was out at WDW, which is what I reported on.
Well, with that quote, you have proven to me that I can't trust that any of your articles have actually been researched.

Brian

This is from a satire site:

AT&T Customers Unaware Of Network Outage Since They're Used To Not Having Cell Signal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom