Why...Why...Why?

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
In the Magic Kingdom...

Why do they setup a temporary stage for special events when there is a perfectly good stage (with seats) already in Tommorowland (next to COP)?

In the Animal Kingdom...

Why did Disney close the Discovery land Riverboats 5 months after the park opened? Because the boats were to slow. Add quicker boats...add more boats!

In the MGM Studios...

Why have a Studio backlot tour when there is nothing to look at? No new productions are filmed there! How many times are you going to experience Catastophe Canyon.

At Epcot...

Why do you keep loosing Sponserships??
Ge - Gone
AT & T - Gone
United Technologies - Gone
American Express - Gone
Met Life - Gone
ExxonMobil - Almost Gone

What's next??

Michael72688

these are all great questions, they only one I could even guess on is the one about Epcot, it is the most lame of any Disney Park in Orlando, plus it's hours are shrinking like crazy (not that the other ones arent but, this one is pretty bad)

SpongeScott

perhaps sponsorships are being lost at EPCOT because of the tanking economy. Businesses are having to cut corners everywhere and Board of Directors may be slashing spending to the point that the benefit of name recognition just isn't paying off. As the economy gets better, sponsorship should come back.

Maria

Originally posted by Michael72688
these are all great questions, they only one I could even guess on is the one about Epcot, it is the most lame of any Disney Park in Orlando, plus it's hours are shrinking like crazy (not that the other ones arent but, this one is pretty bad)

Watch it! :fork: :mad:

:animwink:

Main Street USA

If you can't enjoy Epcot, maybe you should look in the mirror, and stop blaming the park.

jaylenofan86

Well, I think that IOA is "lame" because it is not my type of park that I would enjoy going to. Also, why do you hate EPCOT so much and don't say beacuse it's lame.

Woody13

I enjoy Epcot very much. One of the main reasons why I enjoy this park is because it is so big and yet has so little visitation. So, I tend to agree with you. Let Epcot continue to be lame! If it gets too popular then Yogi will say, "Nobody goes there anymore 'cause it's too crowded". Epcot is lame.

wdwfan22

You really missed the boat on that one. Epcot has lost sponsors due to the current economy and due to the cost of Disney sponsorship. Epcot isn't the only park that has ever lost a sponsor. Magic Kingdom & Disneyland Parks have had their share too. As the economy improves new sponsors will take shape.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
At Epcot...

Why do you keep loosing Sponserships??
Ge - Gone
AT & T - Gone
United Technologies - Gone
American Express - Gone
Met Life - Gone
ExxonMobil - Almost Gone

What's next??
You missed Fed Ex in MK.
Its nothing to do with Disney or guest numbers - Its the general down trend in the worlds economy.
Things will get better - trust me.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I see this thread going nowhere quickly.

now for answers.

MK- I agree

AK- the ride proved to be unpopular, since most guests thought it was a full fledged attraction rather than in-park transportation.

MGM- A- catastrophe canyon has been an integral part of that attraction since it opened.

B- it's not Disney's fault that companies don't want to use their facilities to do a shoot. Wait... yes it is. Disney charges upwards of 15% more than its competitors for using its production facilities. With a horrid economy, every penny counts

Epcot- Have you realized how crappy our economy is? I'm all for cutting sponsorships if jobs are saved. I think some of us are being a bit selfish right now, but i'll keep my full opinion quiet.

ps. Michael- If I were you, I'd watch what I say.

kennyj29

Epcot

I've been blasted on other forum's for giving my opinion. Because someone thinks Epcot is boring (which I happen to agree with) he shouldn't be blasted. It's his and thousands of other opinions right now. It was stated that someone loves the park because it is so big yet so empty to walk around in............what does that tell you? If it wasn't for the countries, and Illuminations, it would be dead totally. I love to walk around the World Showcase but Future World has to go. It's getting so boring. I will always go there for the wonderful restaurants in each country and getting the opportunity to see the different cultures and pavillions, other than that, they can keep it!

Katherine

Just like disney's making cuts all over the place all the other companies are to, which means they'll pull their sponsorship. Let's just hope it's all temporary or someone else is willing to sponsor.

dreamer

Sponsorships come and go. Companies change their plans and priorities to accomodate supply and demand. Look at major sponsorships from the 70's:

GAF
Gulf
Florida Citrus Growers

They're gone and Disney isn't.

As for Epcot, it's like a fine wine. Some people just don't like it and that's OK. You can have your Kool-Aid -- that leaves more wine for the rest of us.

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
I see this thread going nowhere quickly.

now for answers.

MK- I agree

Thanks Tiggerman...for gettin us back on track!

I totally do not understand why they keep setting up that stage in Tommorowland!

BUZZ BABE 34

tland and epcot

first im gonna say that epcot is one of the best parks and mk being second! also the reason they probably use the tomorrowland stage is because-A. there are usually not that many people who watch those events and B. it would mean adding a few extra people to clean it up. remember our hours are cut right now so they will use us as little as possible. besides the shows they puton are not even long enough to warrent using a bigger stage,i know i can see them from where i work.

Michael72688

Originally posted by MicBat
For disliking Epcot so much, you sure do like TOD :rolleyes:

your right, Epcot was never my favorite, and probably never will be (unless project Gemini happens) but the Parade was the best and sometimes I would just go to Epcot at night just to see the parade, not to actually visit the park

Dwarful

well I suppose its all a matter of opinion. I love MK, our girls love MK & MGM, our 2 nephews loved MGM & Epcot...none of the kids enjoyed AK enough to spend an entire day there and out of all the parades and shows they disliked TOD the most.

Now thats all a matter of personal opinion and in the grand scheme of things WDW has something to offer everyone, and of course everything won't be appeal to everyone..thats why we love WDW .....choices, choices, choices!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I may be a voice in the wilderness but I enjoyed the boat ride at AK. It was preferable to yet another bloody character meet n greet or that other new Disney fav, the closed ride/empty building.

Im glad to hear you dont like Epcot, cause itll mean one fewer dobber standing in front of me in the test track Q:animwink:

annej

Wow! To actually be lucky enough to go to WDW and its parks often enough to get bored!!! For those of us not that blessed, Epcot and the others are truly magical. Think of all the people who only get to go once or once every 10years!!! Count your blessings and look on the bright side...you get to go all the time!Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom