Why WDW ?

real mad hatter

Good Morning Folks..Hang with me on this one..After having exchanged a few views with @MR FERRET on fine dining on another thread this morning,I explained to the gentlemen that although I love dining out and indulging on fine food & wine,it's not a reason I pick WDW for a vacation.This got me Tinking..Now to my question..When you start to plan a Disney vacation,wither it be a weekend trip or a two week trip..What is the number one reason for picking Disney.?:inlove: Is it because of your children .? Is it for the thrills and spills.? Is it to relive memories of your own childhood.?.. So here am I planing out a 6th visit in 2015 that will set me back around $8000, give or take.For 14 days & nights..So what is my number one reason for planing this expensive vacation...???....Pause.....:rolleyes:.....More pause...o_O....Escapism..To escape from the real world for 336 hours ( give or take ) and live out my fantasy with my DW and DS and have memories that I'll cherish forever..." You may say I'am a dreamer,but I'am not the only one."..:hilarious: So what is your number one reason for planing a WDW vacation.?

Cindee75

The WDW bubble has it for us - I love not having to drive, park, find stuff ect. As someone said in an earlier post other parks are all about the thrill rides - in our small family we have one dare devil who elects me to ride with him, a moderate in my DD and my littlest hangs back with DH who is not a ride person. We have found the attractions at WDW are great for almost everyone and we often ride together (with the exceptions mentioned above) and we often find much to do that is not a ride that keeps everyone busy. I get told often, "Disney again - you already went there"o_O - I just say "And we can't wait to go again." But the truth is in my head I am screaming, "You're just Jealous.":p

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

Yep, I agree with the general sentiment in here- it's being in 'the bubble'. The bubble of happiness, excitement and pixie dust :D
So many things come together to make it such a perfect destination- the awesome rides, the fantastic food, the great weather, feeling 'at home' at the resorts....even the CMs make a huge difference in making the whole experience special. We are taking our DS for the very first time on our upcoming trip, and that will bring a different perspective to when just DH & I would go, but in an amazing way. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the castle for the first time, meets Mickey, rides on IASW (I know, I know- but it's classic). Every moment will make a magical memory- and I wouldn't be able to say that, sitting on a beach in Benidorm for 2 weeks ;)

Upvote 0

SMS55

It's something I never "outgrew." I don't know if you out grow it because it seems as if many people do. It brings back many childhood memories for me. I think I enjoy it more now than as a kid. I do more stuff now than as a kid. we never stayed in property as a kid. Some of the fantasy offers escapism from real life. While I'm there I forget about real life even though I am "on call" sometimes. I run my own small business, so the phone will ring once or twice from my crew back home. When you are there the cast members act like they are actually happy to see you. You don't see that a lot.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Easy! It is totally stress free. My DH says he sleeps like a rock and there is always something new happening, someplace new to eat. DH owns a business and even on other vacations he doesn't decompress like at the world. Someone else does all the driving, cooking, maintenance. I don't know why it works that way for him, but if it does, it's worth every penny.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom