Why was Epic Mickey such a failure?

Earlie the Pearlie

So this thread has been dead for seven years but:
Remaster! Hopefully they fix most of these problems. I was replaying the game today and it had such a solid core, but the camera and controls really screwed it up.
Also, my two cents: this game is really nostalgic for me, and I love the lore of it. Oswald and Mickey in this are better characters than anybody in Wish.

Brer Oswald

So this thread has been dead for seven years but:
Remaster! Hopefully they fix most of these problems. I was replaying the game today and it had such a solid core, but the camera and controls really screwed it up.
Also, my two cents: this game is really nostalgic for me, and I love the lore of it. Oswald and Mickey in this are better characters than anybody in Wish.
I stand by the fact that it’s one of the best Disney stories put to a screen. The camera is the big thing to fix. Already having a second analog stick on all platforms is an automatic step in the right direction. Also hoping that the paint and thinner streams don’t catch on every Little Rock/pebble in the way like they did on the Wii.

Earlie the Pearlie

I stand by the fact that it’s one of the best Disney stories put to a screen. The camera is the big thing to fix. Already having a second analog stick on all platforms is an automatic step in the right direction. Also hoping that the paint and thinner streams don’t catch on every Little Rock/pebble in the way like they did on the Wii.
YES. The sticking is, for me, just as annoying as the camera. The controls are also kind of wacky; I was trying to jump in the small world level today and I kept falling into the gosh dang thinner lake because I kept misjudging the size of the gap between platforms. Again, the core is all there; the logistics just make it much more frustrating than it should be.

TsWade2

Well I was upset that Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two didn't do well. I guess maybe the real fault for this is the camera trouble. But now, since Epic Mickey is making a big comeback to remake the first Epic Mickey game, there might be a chance that Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two might be remade too and maybe we'll finally get the third Epic MIckey game after all these years. Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Brer Oswald

Well I was upset that Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two didn't do well. I guess maybe the real fault for this is the camera trouble. But now, since Epic Mickey is making a big comeback to remake the first Epic Mickey game, there might be a chance that Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two might be remade too and maybe we'll finally get the third Epic MIckey game after all these years. Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself.
Power of Two was an underwhelming game that had a troubled and rushed development. It didn’t do a whole lot to convince people not on board with the original to pick it up, and left a lot of fans of the original underwhelmed with how bland the tone of the game was. There was definitely a good game in there, but it needed another 1-2 years in the oven. It’s a shame Disney prematurely shut down Junction Point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom