Why was Dark Kingdom never created?

Villains0501

As much as I would love an entire Villains park, I can never see it coming to fruition. Now, a land in MK (and it could really only fit in MK) would work. And, who knows? With the recent spike in Villains merchandise (Designer Dolls, Classic Villains Collection on Disneystore.com) and Villain-themed attractions (Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom) a land is looking more and more likely... Fingers crossed the Maleficent movie succeeds at the box office. I have a feeling if "Maleficent" does well, Disney is going to finally push forward the Villain-land idea (with Maleficent as the land's focus, of course).

GoofyRacer11

No, because what seems to me, is that Walt was always trying to push the boundaries. He did the first animation with talking and singing, the first color animation, the first full length feature film, some of the first nature documentaries, convinced America that the space program and shooting for the moon was a worthwile endavour, created some of the most popular and beloved World's Fair attractions, and also introduced tons of new technologies there and at Disneyland.

Once Disneyland was successful, he moved on to an idealistic city of the future, known as EPCOT, in addition to the Mineral King ski resort (not for Florida). That was the kind of person he was...once he had finished something, he seemed to always be moving to something else.

But he also said that Disney World would never be finished. That it would always have something new.

lazyboy97o

Most good stories are a story of conflict. The inherent problem with a villain land or park is that is is redundant. The film becoming an attraction will already have been done. How does that work with a villain? Does the villain succeed? Is it just tours of lairs? Yes, Wicked did something with a [supposed] villain, but that cannot be done with every story and is very much a counter to much more clear good and evil in Disney's [version of] stories.

Disday

Sorry to disagree, but Disney's Dark Kingdom is being discussed for a possible future Florida theme park. Most of it has already been designed. From what I read about it, it sounds like a clever way to use their various franchises.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Sorry to disagree, but Disney's Dark Kingdom is being discussed for a possible future Florida theme park. Most of it has already been designed. From what I read about it, it sounds like a clever way to use their various franchises.

Did a bus driver let you in on the secret?

@WDWForTwo

I like the idea of a "Villans Land" but I don't necessarily like the idea as a whole park. Walking into "Villans Land" during a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, would be pretty cool.

PRNCSAurora

I think a "villian's land" is a great idea. I also think it will hit a slightly higher demographic of children that seems to be lacking at the moment.

Cody5294

I'm at the food and wine festival at the moment and I met this girl who works for WDW entertainment department and she said cast members are demanding WDI to build a villains park and that it will most likely be the next theme park. But I think its just wishful thinking

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm at the food and wine festival at the moment and I met this girl who works for WDW entertainment department and she said cast members are demanding WDI to build a villains park and that it will most likely be the next theme park. But I think its just wishful thinking
And we all know that what CM's demand CM's get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom