Why only 1-bedroom villas available?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I have been looking to book for early July next year and just about everywhere I check has only 1-bedroom villas available, but no 2-bedroom villas available. Anyone have any idea why that is and whether 2-bedroom villas will likely open up at some point?

Thanks in advance for any help!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I have been looking to book for early July next year and just about everywhere I check has only 1-bedroom villas available, but no 2-bedroom villas available. Anyone have any idea why that is and whether 2-bedroom villas will likely open up at some point?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Well, first off, what resorts and are you looking for DVC rooms?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Hmm, both a regular 2 bedroom and 2 bedroom lock-off are both available the first week of July. What dates are you looking for?
Maybe this matters and I should have clarified, but we are not DVC members. I was just checking on the Disney site and it’s showing no 2-bedrooms.

Rob562

Maybe this matters and I should have clarified, but we are not DVC members. I was just checking on the Disney site and it’s showing no 2-bedrooms.
DVC Owners tend to book either Studios or 2-bedrooms, leaving a lot of 1-bedroom inventory. Those are what you're most likely to find booking direct from Disney, especially at the lower-capacity DVC resorts.

If you need a 2-bedroom, I'd look into renting DVC points

-Rob

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
DVC Owners tend to book either Studios or 2-bedrooms, leaving a lot of 1-bedroom inventory. Those are what you're most likely to find booking direct from Disney, especially at the lower-capacity DVC resorts.

If you need a 2-bedroom, I'd look into renting DVC points

-Rob
Thank you for that advice, much appreciated!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The regular Disney site won't get many 2 bedrooms at all since most of those are booked by members close to the 11 month window, which are now open for the beginning of July.

nickys

Premium Member
The regular Disney site won't get many 2 bedrooms at all since most of those are booked by members close to the 11 month window, which are now open for the beginning of July.
That is true.

However Disney can use their 2-3% of points to take whatever rooms they want to at the 11 month mark. In that sense they are in the same position as any other owner.

That said they don’t take many 2-beds; I’ve always assumed that’s because they can take more rooms if they stick to studios and 1-beds. 🙅‍♀️

They never take lock-off 2-bedroom villas either, which is why 2-beds never show up on the Disney site at BWV or AKL-Jambo.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
That is true.

However Disney can use their 2-3% of points to take whatever rooms they want to at the 11 month mark. In that sense they are in the same position as any other owner.

That said they don’t take many 2-beds; I’ve always assumed that’s because they can take more rooms if they stick to studios and 1-beds. 🙅‍♀️

They never take lock-off 2-bedroom villas either, which is why 2-beds never show up on the Disney site at BWV or AKL-Jambo.
Thanks so much for that info! I am learning a lot today, unfortunately it isn’t what I was hoping to hear, lol!

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone who has helped me out here. One other question, if I may. Since we may have to go with a 1-bedroom villa and we have 3 people, does anyone have any experience with the sofa sleeper pullout? I'm wondering if it is even close to comfortable?

Thanks again, everyone!

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you to everyone who has helped me out here. One other question, if I may. Since we may have to go with a 1-bedroom villa and we have 3 people, does anyone have any experience with the sofa sleeper pullout? I'm wondering if it is even close to comfortable?

Thanks again, everyone!
It depends on which resort, the age of the 3rd guest and personal preference.

If you go with Saratoga or Riviera then they have the wall bed in the lounge which is meant to be very comfortable.

With other resorts it’s a case of YMMV. My kids have never complained, even as young adults. But the they’re getting a free vacation!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
It depends on which resort, the age of the 3rd guest and personal preference.

If you go with Saratoga or Riviera then they have the wall bed in the lounge which is meant to be very comfortable.

With other resorts it’s a case of YMMV. My kids have never complained, even as young adults. But the they’re getting a free vacation!
I wish my son was as agreeable as your kids appear to be, lol! He will be 16, btw.

I am referencing the pullout at the Beach Club Villas I assume it is located in the living room area?

correcaminos

That is true.

This is the reason for sure! Historically my friends who booked DVC via Disney, say that 1 bedrooms tend to be the most common to find, even over studios. No coincidence IMO given they are the last to book

As a 2 bedroom dweller they are not booked that fast. GVs and studios definitely go first. 2 bedrooms at many resorts can be found at 7 months most part of the year. That's how we've stayed all over with only RR left on my list. 1 beds are easiest though

correcaminos

Thanks again, everyone!
Mixed results. For 1 it is usually doable. You can ask for egg crate toppers or put the mattress directly on the the floor as often it's the supports that stink in our experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom