Why not in California?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Am I the only one who thinks this actually would have worked better in California? Given their limited space they could have had the hotel further from Disneyland and then developed a cool shuttle to take you to the park. I feel at WDW there are enough parks that fitting it the starcruiser is even more difficult.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Am I the only one who thinks this actually would have worked better in California? Given their limited space they could have had the hotel further from Disneyland and then developed a cool shuttle to take you to the park. I feel at WDW there are enough parks that fitting it the starcruiser is even more difficult.
Cost of land in Socal?

Explaining why your themed shuttle is stuck in traffic on the 405?

CaptainMickey

WDW has a lot of advantages. WDW has so much more space. The entire CA resort can fit in WDW Magic Kingdom's parking lot.
Starcruiser is built in the parking lot right behind Galaxy's Edge. No traffic required. Everything is cheaper in Florida and Orlando brings in way more visitors then Anaheim does. Disney management agrees.

A good question though. It would be interesting to hear Disney's decision process on site selection one day.

With the limited space at Disneyland, they probably can't afford any misfires. If the starcruiser sat vacant for decades in it's current location, no one would even notice.

Mireille

Premium Member
Here's one reason I agree it would have worked better in California... There is so much else to do in WDW, why do I want to pay over $5000 for 2 nights and spend all that time in a tiny fraction of what there is to do? In California, you aren't missing out on nearly as much.

Robbiem

I actually think it would have worked best in a stand alone location- I get they wanted to use the florida investment already built but it was never going to be totally immersive when you know you’re in WDW. If it was built in a new location - a smaller area somewhere like texas or arizona. You arrive and are taken from the local airport to the spaceport then board your shuttle to the space cruiser. When you visit the planet it would be more imersive as there would be no other tourists just the cast, much more of a westworld type experience. I know this would be too expensive to really work but it would have been amazing IMO. If it was built right disney could have reset the experience by redressing the planet between visits to be different and sell new experiences

Phroobar

Here's one reason I agree it would have worked better in California... There is so much else to do in WDW, why do I want to pay over $5000 for 2 nights and spend all that time in a tiny fraction of what there is to do? In California, you aren't missing out on nearly as much.
You do realize that the Disneyland Resort has more rides than the entire WDW does combined.

Mireille

Premium Member
You do realize that the Disneyland Resort has more rides than the entire WDW does combined.
True, but it's in a much more compact area and only two gates. Four gates, plus waterparks and resort activities spread out over 43 square miles with transportation... It's just plain harder to do as much as quickly in WDW. And Galaxy's Edge is in HS in WDW vs access to the entirety of Disneyland in California with CA just across a promenade, not a bus/monorail/boat needed.... it feels like you're constrained to a tiny percentage of everything available in WDW and for the price... that's hard for me to justify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom