Why Not a Virtual...

openendedsky

One of those new fangled ones that uses that thar 'lectricity.

<runs away quickly>

tumblr_lps6gs2Hy61qabfx1o2_500.gif

litaljohn

I still wish they released it for PS3..The only recent game that came out for the Next gen consoles is Toy Story Mania..

yeah. although I will say the iPhone game o toy story mania was kid of fun, when you were near the physical attraction in the park it unlocked wallpapers and backgrounds for your phone.

but yeah it seems like it could have been feasible with minor adjustments to use with ps3 move for you guys but when the name "kinect" is in the title I'm assuming that ship sailed. maybe with any luck they will release a theme park pack for that upcoming Disney infinity/ we need to milk this skylanders wave game/ toys

Thrill

For those curious about VMK, here is a link to something of a tribute to the game. You can see the rooms and hear the music, and get some general ideas about the game.

It's not nearly as detailed as what the OP was talking about, but it's a nice digital recreation of the parks. It's a combination of the various castle parks; Disneyland Paris is probably the most obvious inspiration (the castle), but it pulls aspects of WDW (there are guest rooms based on EPCOT and Animal Kingdom Lodge).

Obi Walt Kenobi

What kind of computer do you have?
Well I have several computers laying around but I the one I run it on the operating system is xp service pack 3 and it works just fine, I installed it just a few minutes ago to make sure. It's good to have around I have lots of older software I enjoy. Now if I could find a copy of this Walt Disney world magical racing tour. Never had a chance to play it.

topher

I know I just posted about this in an old DL thread but do you guys think they will make the Disneyland explorer app for WDW?
That app is pretty cool and I suggest everyone give it a shot if you haven't had the opportunity. I would like to see one that incorporates all 4 WDW parks.

billDozer

would have been if the disneyland kinect game would have been more successful but i think we'll eventually get one either from disney interactive or one very lonely person

BryceM

Not Disney, but there was the "Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure". I never played, but it had terrible reviews. It did look neat how you could walk around the park... Though, I'm pretty sure the park in the game was modeled after Universal Studios Japan.

Marc Gil

Does anybody remember the Walt Disney World Explorer?

images

WDWExplorerFrontierland.png

My oh my! My childhood!!!! I remember putting this in my old Windows 98 getting excited for my Disney World trips!
I have both 1st & 2nd Editions..And are equally as great...But, NOTHING Compares to the only other game that reflected the Resort (Unless anything else comes out for it) has to be.....
a0b194.jpg

I have all 4 versions of this game (PC, Dreamcast, PSone, & Game Boy Color) I like to do the time trials and just slowly drive around and see how close they made the ride as a layout as a race track..Plus with the attraction song being used for each raceway it was much more fun..(Try listening to the Game boy color versions of the attraction songs the Test Track Theme done in 8 bit style..Hilarious) But, for people who never knew this exsisted..Here's a video to take a look see..

Oh my! I remember this game!

BransonJ

Check out themeparkstudio.com

When it will be released I'm not sure. But check out some of the youtube videos on their page. It's basically roller coaster tycoon on steroids. WAY more advanced and by watching the videos will be to recreate any disney park to great detail.

All this talk of VMK is getting me nostalgic. DH and I would stay up taking turns rocking our oldest (then a newborn) to sleep and sitting up with her due to an illness at 6 weeks and we played VMK to kill time/keep ourselves awake. Good times. So sad to see it was taken down.

Dragonrider1227

VMK used to actually annoy me because it ran so slowly on my computer. It would take so long to load the Hanuted Mansion game, that I would get kicked out of it for not doing anything ><

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom