Why not a dark ride based on Fantasia?

:lol:How many kids enjoy Fantasia? Although the movie was ground breaking for its time I think this is almost laughable. Their are so many other movies that could have a dark ride before they would even consider Fantasia. Besides, the best parts of Fantasia are already represented in the parks.

Did Knee

I love Fantasia, but understand it's appeal is more likely to be admired by a more upscale and educated clientele. Not to sound elitist, but the average person doesn't get the symmetry of the complex classical themes and the spectacular animation. This is above the comprehension level of many. What Disney needs to do is to take the Fantasia idea (animation to match the music) and apply it to Rock and Roll. Once that movie is out they can make a ride out of that. Imagine a scene tailored to Edgar Winters "Frankenstein", or Carlos Santana's Europa? There was a movie in the 80's called "Heavy Metal" that tried to do this. Every time I watched that film I thought to myself...If Disney had done this....

Walt Disney1955

Fantasia, along with Alice in Wonderland, wasn't a huge hit when it came out as much as when College kids started experimenting with drugs in the 1960s and found those movies to be exceptionally "trippy". That's the story anyway. I think we'll have to see just how much of an impact the Snow White Mine Train makes before we start getting other ideas on which old movies (or new very, very popular ones that can withstand the test of time) should be added. Not sure Fantasia would be at the top of any list right now. Mary Poppins is a popular idea thrown around which would be a Peter Pan-like "fly" from aboe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom