Why No SNL Attraction?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
On record saying I don't like the Fallon Ride. Also not a fan of F&F. I think an SNL type attraction spanning the last 40 plus years would be better than either of those. Could revisit some of the classic sketches and explore some legendary moments. The merchandising opportunities would be insane. Engraved Custom Cowbells, Church Lady talking plush dolls, a Wayne's World clothing collection, on and on. Why did they never do this?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Like a walk through type attraction? That would work but how busy would it be considering not everyone watches SNL today.

JoeCamel

On record saying I don't like the Fallon Ride. Also not a fan of F&F. I think an SNL type attraction spanning the last 40 plus years would be better than either of those. Could revisit some of the classic sketches and explore some legendary moments. The merchandising opportunities would be insane. Engraved Custom Cowbells, Church Lady talking plush dolls, a Wayne's World clothing collection, on and on. Why did they never do this?
Um, Fallon came from above, it isn't going anywhere

jeanericuser001

Like a walk through type attraction? That would work but how busy would it be considering not everyone watches SNL today.
Considering how long the "I love lucy" attraction survived at universal I would give it fair odds of survival for quite a few years. They can take out the Hello Kitty and replace it with an SNL museum with props and gift shop.

Um, Fallon came from above, it isn't going anywhere
As long as attendance is favorable it will stay but I already think they have it setup for quick replacement. Technically speaking the attraction is lightly furnished so it could easily be replaced with a new attraction using the same format like Jimmy Neutron and Despicable me replaced hanna barbera. I suspect that if it does sink really low and universal needs a quick gimmick to bring people in they will simply put in a new video as well as little rethemeing of the que. My money is on a ghostbusters attraction. The que would look amazing with all kinds of odd ghostbusters props plus if that new movie turns out to be a success then the franchise could be ready for quick revival with a new attraction to bring in some extra hype and cash.

JoeCamel

Considering how long the "I love lucy" attraction survived at universal I would give it fair odds of survival for quite a few years. They can take out the Hello Kitty and replace it with an SNL museum with props and gift shop.

As long as attendance is favorable it will stay but I already think they have it setup for quick replacement. Technically speaking the attraction is lightly furnished so it could easily be replaced with a new attraction using the same format like Jimmy Neutron and Despicable me replaced hanna barbera. I suspect that if it does sink really low and universal needs a quick gimmick to bring people in they will simply put in a new video as well as little rethemeing of the que. My money is on a ghostbusters attraction. The que would look amazing with all kinds of odd ghostbusters props plus if that new movie turns out to be a success then the franchise could be ready for quick revival with a new attraction to bring in some extra hype and cash.
It is easy to change out but unless they find a kid tied up in Jimmy's closet it won't be going anywhere.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is easy to change out but unless they find a kid tied up in Jimmy's closet it won't be going anywhere.
Fallon was a part of SNL. Could retheme the Race to a trip down memory lane. Start it in the talk show studio then into various sketches. Some he was a part of. Others with the Original subsequent Casts. Fallon could still get top billing. A “Jimmy Fallon’s Saturday Night”.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I like the idea of an SNL attraction, but I also love the Jimmy Fallon ride lol. My husband loves walking through the pre and post areas of the show because he said it reminds him of when he worked in NYC.
I think SNL could be an awesome idea. They could sell dusty muffins! Ha!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
I like the idea of an SNL attraction, but I also love the Jimmy Fallon ride lol. My husband loves walking through the pre and post areas of the show because he said it reminds him of when he worked in NYC.
I think SNL could be an awesome idea. They could sell dusty muffins! Ha!
You could have Jon Lovitz as the pathological liar guiding you through the queue sending you in the wrong direction.

seascape

A SNL ride or attraction would fail or cost a fortune to keep up to date. Would anyone today this it was funny to make a joke of President Ford falling? Political humor is only good today and that is what SNL is good for. Here is another. does anyone remember the Jimmy Carter 3 Mile Island skit? If that were at Universal today there would be major protests for being completely politically incorrect. SNL is a good show for what it is but not a ride.

jeanericuser001

I thought the same thing about many attractions at universal but nearly all of them have been replaced. The key to determining their survival typically based on how much attendance does the attraction really have and does it have strong merchandise sales. I hate to say it but I don't see a lot of people getting today show stuff and unless its a really busy day there isn't a huge amount of people eager to hit this ride. Its also pretty much one of their lowest rated attractions. Even if someone at the top likes it they will easily replace it if there is bigger money to be made with a better attraction especially at a time when theme parks will be trying desperately to bring people into the parks with new attractions. Im not so sure Jimmy Fallon's tired jokes will be a popular draw as that time approaches.

JoeCamel

I thought the same thing about many attractions at universal but nearly all of them have been replaced. The key to determining their survival typically based on how much attendance does the attraction really have and does it have strong merchandise sales. I hate to say it but I don't see a lot of people getting today show stuff and unless its a really busy day there isn't a huge amount of people eager to hit this ride. Its also pretty much one of their lowest rated attractions. Even if someone at the top likes it they will easily replace it if there is bigger money to be made with a better attraction especially at a time when theme parks will be trying desperately to bring people into the parks with new attractions. Im not so sure Jimmy Fallon's tired jokes will be a popular draw as that time approaches.
See F&F bigger fish to fry

jeanericuser001

See F&F bigger fish to fry
F&F will be a lot more difficult to replace though. The one thing universal likes more than making a ton of money is making a ton of money without a massive investment required. Replacing F&F would be too expensive. Replacing the Jimmy Fallon fail would be a ton cheaper.

JoeCamel

F&F will be a lot more difficult to replace though. The one thing universal likes more than making a ton of money is making a ton of money without a massive investment required. Replacing F&F would be too expensive. Replacing the Jimmy Fallon fail would be a ton cheaper.
Woah, I wouldn't call it a fail. It has high GS and steady ridership

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
A SNL ride or attraction would fail or cost a fortune to keep up to date. Would anyone today this it was funny to make a joke of President Ford falling? Political humor is only good today and that is what SNL is good for. Here is another. does anyone remember the Jimmy Carter 3 Mile Island skit? If that were at Universal today there would be major protests for being completely politically incorrect. SNL is a good show for what it is but not a ride.

True. There are a lot of political jokes that would be out of date. And also true you wouldn't be able to showcase a Mr Robinson's neighborhood and many other "politically incorrect" sketches. But there is a lot there without those. Farley's Chippendale and Motivational speaker, Sandler's Opera guy, Murray's lounge singer. Katan and Ferrell, Fey and Pohler, Wayne's World etc. As for failing/costing a fortune to keep up to date, I'll disagree there. I don't really consider Fallon a ride at Uni. More of an interactive show. Same as Minions and Shrek.

jeanericuser001

Woah, I wouldn't call it a fail. It has high GS and steady ridership
Its highest numbers are typically when the park itself is at its highest occupancy but even then those numbers are dropping. As more people find out about it and actively avoid it that leaves only random guest walk-ins which honestly are a clear indicator its time for a change.

PostScott

I don't think Universal would do a SNL attraction cuz not everyone watches it and it's appeal is comedy. I mean they still made the Fallon ride but from what I see, it never has a long line and the ride kinda sucks. Should be replaced with another IP, but hey, the queue is pretty darn good so

JoeCamel

I don't think Universal would do a SNL attraction cuz not everyone watches it and it's appeal is comedy. I mean they still made the Fallon ride but from what I see, it never has a long line and the ride kinda sucks. Should be replaced with another IP, but hey, the queue is pretty darn good so
They didn't make the ride because Jimmy was on SNL it is because he hosts the Tonight Show. That show is the roots of interview TV

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom